Thursday, February 28, 2008

This is me....

"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will."





I would like to wish myself a happy anniversary! Today, marks exactly 1 month since i've started running again. You may wonder...where is she running, to what, to whom? Does she ever stop running? Well, the simple answer is no. The more complex answer is why would i want to stop? I don't run to or from anything. I just run. If there is such a thing as a runners high, i suppose i feel that too. Running, gives me strength. Sure, it makes my legs look 100% better than it did last month. Sure, when i finish a 4 mile run, i have a big smile on my face, even though i can hardly breathe! But, its more than that. It's almost spiritual in a way. It gives me what i need to start my day and then my day is just that much better. Maybe, i am chasing a distant dream but isn't that a good thing? Dreams and fantasies and thoughts always somehow make me feel as though i am a part of a bigger, brighter more loving world.

Saturday, is March 1st. Start of the first ever global juice feast!! It's extremely exciting and inspirational to say the least. As i have written here i was all set to start exactly at the stroke of midnight. I purchased all the recommended supplements, put aside some money for the first month and spruced up my Breville and it stands ready and waiting. Thing is, i'm not quite ready. Somehow, in the last month i felt a pull, not towards juice feasting but away from it, the total opposite. Eating! Yep, plain and simple i like to eat. I enjoy the tastes and textures, the colors, smells, the sweetness and the savory. So, what i have decided is possibly juicing 2X a day and have 1 raw meal. This may work, this may not work. I simply do not know! It's really all kind of a big experiment to see what works exactly right just for you!!!!

Well, maybe not exactly right, it may never be exactly 100% right, but your body will lead you the right way. I'd like to quote a friend here if i may! Her name is Dee and i am sure many of you know her, she's terrific by the way!

"You all have it in you, it’s just a matter of whether or not you have the cohones to bust it out, embrace it, love it, smother it, and never let it go. The possibilities of what you can become are endless, but nobody can make those possibilities a reality but you. You owe it to yourself to at least try, I promise it will be hard, and I promise it’ll get harder before it gets easier, but I also promise that you will never, ever, not even for one moment, regret it. You may ask, ‘what’s there to gain/lose?’ and that’s just it, everything. Isn’t that worth it?"


So, thats my decision. I hope everybody here understands and supports me! Somehow, i am worried that i am disappointing everybody, but most of all i feel like i am disappointing myself. I almost feel like a failure but then....i read the words of a friend who never ever complains! Never! And, she may have some things to complain about once in a while. It's her positivity that makes me realize that my decision is the right thing for me!

I love life, i really do! There's so much to learn and i want to soak it all up. There will always be another global juice feast right??
blog comments powered by Disqus