Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thats Two Angries Right??? Post 198



Today, and every Sunday i want to try a new thing. Well not so new but new to me. I want to feature a word of the day. Cool right? Say yes please!! So, without further ado, oh i really wanted to say without further adieu but i googled it and that really means without further goodbye as opposed to without further ado which means without further fuss....see the difference? I do sometimes like to use mixed metaphors and horrid euphemisms but right now i shall stick to without further ado OK?

Callipygian: having finely developed or beautifully shaped buttocks.
Is that not a beauty of a word?? My goodness folks, can you just imagine where and when you can interject that word into your conversation. Think about it!

Now back to my regularly scheduled post:

Today i found out something very interesting. I was told that when you are angry, all you need to do to rid yourself of the anger is to SMILE!! Seriously, you smile and viola or waa laa your no longer angry!!! Does this work for me? I have no idea but i sure will give it a shot next time i am feeling angry.

What do we know about feelings anyway?? Anything? Do we even care? Well, unfortunately i do care about feelings. My own and of course how others feel. Well, i don't mean like when i touch you and see the way your thing feels? Well, i do mean that but that's a whole other post.

Emotions, feelings, thoughts...WTF?? This is so much to think about. These feelings and stuff. Perhaps, it is better to go through life feeling nothing and thinking about ZILCH!!?? Plus, there are numerous ways to feel. Gut feelings, seeing red, many emotions probably too many to mention here but check this out:
How many of you have ever felt annoyance, depression, elation, ecstasy, love, embarrassment, fear, jealousy, loathing, worry, rage, regret??? NOT all at the same time, but you've all felt these emotions and many more. I am sure of this and will even go as far to say that I raw cool have felt all of these at one time or another.

My thing right now is to be open and honest and let somebody know how i am feeing. Only, of course of the other person perhaps was the causer of the emotion. If not, well then i smile and walk away. Slowly. Real slow.

I've always been fascinated by the way humans interact with each other. Just the other day i read a good article about alone time and then how humans are inherently social creatures. I got like all confused for a moment.

Here is some of that article:
Yet, too much isolation, especially when our intention is to hide, withdraw, or not deal with the realities of our lives is not physically, mentally, or spiritually healthy. It is during moments like these when being in isolation takes us away from our lives, rather than enhancing it. If anything, too much isolation can create a buffer whereby we don’t have to deal with our problems. Sometimes, pushing ourselves to deal with our issues and be in our lives, rather than isolate, is one of the best gifts we can give to ourselves.


True? To a certain extent it can be, i suppose. I have many friends who are admittedly loners. And thats fine. I am too. But, i do enjoy running with others. My feelings can be splashed all around on the boardwalk and i love it. One of my most favorite sayings is "I am alone, but not lonely". I just like that alot. And if you can achieve that feeling or thought, WOOHOO!!!

So, where am i going with this post?? Apparently nowhere fast!! Its starting to stress me out. The fact that i don't know how to end this post on a positive high note. Or any note at all.

Wait, i know:


















Here i am on my trip to Paris. See how clever i am? I thought to myself to measure the Eiffel Tower using nothing more than my fingers!!! No tape measure or ruler was needed. Sometimes, i amaze myself. The people around me were dumbfounded at how bright i was that day. Not one of them thought to measure the Eiffel Tower the way i did. Not even a single Parisian person. I do remember vaguely, being hit over the head with a very fresh, very hot baguette that very morning and i got a little dizzy from that, otherwise it was quite a delightful day!!!

A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men.
~ Willy Wonka!


blog comments powered by Disqus