Friday, July 3, 2009

4th Of July...


Stephen Kellogg - 4th of July
She was on fire and while an American
She burns it out probably just because she can
And if I had a dollar for everything I should have said
I'd probably still be busted I would throw it all away again

The lighting bugs light up all across the southern sky
Some guys get it all and they don't even need to try
I watched you roll away but you din't even say good bye
And now I hate the night I'm guessing thats the reason why

And this, this is my life
On the Fourth of July
It isn't much, but at least its mine

Got in my van, headed up to Boston
Thought about my friends and how easily I'd lost them
I'd do it all again, I'd leave everyone exhausted
Some folks get a break, me I never got one

I thought of you at night when I would drink too much
You thought about me too, you would never try to get in touch
Went back to school and I ran into some guys I knew
We started up this band, but we couldn't seem to get it through
We got some kicks eventually we lost that tune
Did you ever think if you're not happy its because of you

And this, this is my life
On the Fourth of July
It isn't much, but at least its mine

I got a job, selling ads for magazines
At night when I would play I would think about her constantly
Everything I loved, it somehow got away from me
And suicide, I talked about it openly

I finally quit, or maybe I got fired I don't know
Doesn't matter just as long as it happened all
Added up the fears and the doubts I'd been living with
Songs of life, bugs and school and work and all that shit

And this, this is my life
On the Fourth of July
It isn't much, but at least its mine

I lost a girl sometime and a couple friends
Small talk and parties I never could stomach it
I'm old enough to say, I remember when, but
I don't have the time for your nostalgia or your criticisms

You live and learn, me well I learn to let go
Parents and bosses and people who don't want you to grow
I think that anything you want to, you can do
No one gonna tell me just who the hell I should sing to

And this, this is my life
On the Fourth of July
It isn't much, but at least its mine














Freedom is the oxygen of the soul. ~Moshe Dayan

It is that time of the year again. First, half the year is over. We are officially into the second half of 2009. Scary but true. Time does indeed fly when your having fun. Or not.

It is also the yearly holiday called The 4th of July. I wonder how many people know what that really means. Simply put:
In the United States, Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, picnics, concerts, baseball games, political speeches and ceremonies, and various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the national day of the United States.

I think its all good clean fun and I am happy to be part of it. My "hood" has a lot of fun stuff.
The Nathan's hotdog eating contest, fireworks, beach volleyball tournaments, the beach....

It's all just the way it should be, year after year. Nothing changes and that makes it all change.

Here's some shit about me:

everyone who knows me, knows i have anxiety. so why are so many people surprised when i get anxious? dude, it's bound to happen.

shut-up. the most useful phrase in the english language. next to fuck off. which is the most fun phrase in the english language.

sometimes i think i am broken beyond repair.

poop. that word makes me giggle. yes i am 4.

"Running. People think running is a sport. Running isn't a sport because anybody can do it. I can run, you can run. For Christ sakes, my mother can run! You don't see her on the cover of Sports Illustrated, do you? " The Late Great George Carlin...

And with that, Happy Fucking 4th of July to you all beautiful people out there. I love you most of the time. :O)


Actually, Michelle, everyone is reasonable.

They just have their own reasons.

And usually it's worth trying to learn what they are to maximize chances of a full-blown, 60's style, psychedelic lovefest. Which is always a good thing.
Groovy you,
The Universe
blog comments powered by Disqus