Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Electrified.....


Dressy Bessy - Electrified
Hey don't talk to me, you don't have to be, i don't want to Meet someone
They don't take to me, they don't have to see, i dont wanna Be someone else
Get on after me, you don't have to involve the one, the Something

Dressy Bessy is an indie rock band from Denver, Colorado, associated with the Elephant Six Collective. Guitarist John Hill also plays with The Apples in Stereo. The name was taken from a popular Playskool doll of the 1970s. Hill joined around the time they started recording. They released two singles and an EP in 1997-98 and licensed songs to some compilation albums. I say check them out right here my space. Their new CD Holler and Stomp was released today!!! Lot's of fun, makes me really want to dance.


I knew, somehow, that I had to stay alive. Somehow. I had to keep breathing. Even though there was no reason to hope. And all my logic said that I would never see this place again. So that's what I did. I stayed alive. I kept breathing. And one day my logic was proven all wrong because the tide came in, and gave me a sail. And now, here I am. I'm back. . . . And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?
-Chuck Noland (played by Tom Hanks), Cast Away


I really love this quote. It got me thinking about what or who my sail is.

In my life, i've had many sails. Someone or something that sort of saved me from me. From the ridiculous way i handle things. But, that is in the past. I now handle things quite less ridiculously. So who is my sail? Well, i would have to say my therapist Liz Lemon. Yeah thats right...thats her name.

She is a strong person. She laughs at my jokes and tells me i'm fun. Fun?? Is that what therapy is supposed to be? Do i really want to be known as a fun person? Someone who entertains? Not really. I want results out of my therapy. Liz Lemon knows this. She also knows how to handle me when i never seem to be able to handle myself. She subtly points out how annoying i am or how pathetic i can be. She also points out how great i can be. This i like.

Don't get me wrong. I love Liz Lemon. I just don't like what she stands for. She is everything i am not. Confident, pretty, worldly and knowledgeable about all things psychological. It works for her.

I'm totally in a zone. Running zone i mean. Today, i ran my longest run yet. 7.11 miles.

SplitsTimes
1Mile00:10:42.75
2Mile00:21:25.51
3Mile00:32:08.27
4Mile00:42:51.02
5Mile00:53:33.78
6Mile01:04:16.54
7Mile01:14:59.29
7.11Mile01:16:10

7.11. Is that significant? Well, there is a convenience store 7-11. You know the place? Big gulp sodas and extra large coffees at all hours of the day or night. Did i purposely run that distance thinking to myself "Yo if you run 7.11 maybe 7-11 will reward you with a big gulp (that sounds kinda dirty doesn't it)...not that i've had many big gulps in my time but hmmm well you know what i mean?? Right?? Nah, it just worked out that way.

My last post was written in a time of crisis! I couldn't find my ipod. I was lost and bewildered. Confused and depressed. All things apple need to be in front of me at all times. With ipod lost what choice did i have but to write a depressing post. Does that make me a loser? I think not!! I win!! I found ipod.

I am no longer lost, bewildered, confused or depressed. I am electrified. Dressy bessy helped me feel that last emotion. She is cute isn't she? Today, i put on a pair of camo pants i've had for a few years. They used to be extremely tight on me. Tight to the point of busting at the seams. Now sewn up, they fall down on me requiring me to wear a belt. A belt!!! WTF?? Are belts even still in style?? Asked from the girl who thinks her green Brooks Cascadia sneakers are dressed up....

So, since November of 07 raw cool has lost a total of 34 lbs. Now to some that may seem like a slow progresson of weight loss. It is but my goal is to keep the weight off. Thats hard. Starbucks chocolate chip cookies call to me in the night. I dream about them. I taste them in the morning. Makes me wonder if i went to Starbucks in my sleep.

Here's the thing: I love to eat. I love food. I think i can call myself a foodie. I am interested in food and i like to eat. There i admitted it. Is there a group for this? "Hi, i'm Michelle and i am a foodie"....HI MICHELLE!!!

b.e.earl he writes about a yearning for "taco doritos". Back in the day this was a special treat for one and all. Not for me though. As a child, i did not get to partake in such a treat. Not sure why really. I guess i was into nacho cheese. I asked b.e. if we can track down a bag of taco and he said " The new ones aren't that great, and the old ones...I can't imagine any survived the past 20 years. Sniff. Damn right i'm going to sniff!!! I need to taste taco doritos!!



Anyway, i know, know, know the world has seen this upteen times. I just want the world to see it upteen plus one because it's so fucking funny.
















Ya think?????

P.S. I will be using the color orange a lot celebrating the upcoming holiday of Halloween!! Nuff said!! For now!
blog comments powered by Disqus