Friday, August 7, 2009

there's a light that never goes out.


Take me out tonight
Where there's music and there's people
Who are young and alive
Driving in your car
I never never want to go home
Because I haven't got one anymore

Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people
And I want to see life
Driving in your car
Oh please don't drop me home
Because it's not my home, it's their home
And I'm welcome no more

And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well the pleasure, the privilege is mine

Take me out tonight
Take me anywhere, I don't care
I don't care, I don't care
And in the darkened underpass
I thought Oh God, my chance has come at last
But then a strange fear gripped me
And I just couldn't ask

Take me out tonight
Oh take me anywhere, I don't care
I don't care, I don't care
Driving in your car
I never never want to go home
Because I haven't got one
No, I haven't got one

And if a double-decker bus
Crashes in to us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well the pleasure, the privilege is mine














Is this not a fabulous photo or painting? Takes my breathe away.

WHATEVER: an expression of (reluctant) agreement, indifference, or begrudging compliance.

Oh how I dislike this word WHATEVER! It means pure indifference or how about "I didn't listen or hear a word you just said" so WHATEVER!! It hits me deep in my flabby tummy and finally yesterday I confronted the person who always always says it to me and told this person I do not like it.

I won't divulge the response but lets just say "WHATEVER"

I am digging The Smith's right now. Not much else to say there.

Something that really irks me:
There are people reading my blog that at one point wanted nothing to do with me? Blacklisted me if you will. What up with that yo?

My running has been glorious lately. Next Sunday is the NYC Marathon and I am getting increasingly more excited for the day to arrive. Lots of fun stuff - If your in the NYC area on August 16th, perhaps become a spectator?
Spectator-Friendly Areas
Tell your family and friends to watch your race from one of two exciting locations: The newly revamped Broadway Plaza Mall in Times Square, including a Sing-Along with Broadway performers and a festive Cheering Zone, or the walkway near the Battery Park finish, an option that’s available for the first time this year.

Amazing Entertainment
With 17 entertainment areas along the course, you’ll stay motivated! Enjoy Times Square, including the giant video screen where song lyrics will flash as you run by. At the Battery Park festival, dance competitions of all types will amaze, and free massages shouldn’t be missed.
Enjoy the Amenities
This year’s NYC Half-Marathon will include several course improvements, such as more fluid stations, medical tents, and misting stations to help runners deal with summer conditions. For the first time, PowerBar Gel Blasts will be available at mile 9 to energize you.













I don't live by any rules. So, there!
blog comments powered by Disqus