Thursday, July 3, 2008

Geek in the Pink.....


Yo, Brotha A to z,
Yo, wussup B,
Yo, What time is it?

Ha-ha, It's laundry day!
I don't care what you might think about me
You'll get by without me if you want
Don't judge it by the color, confuse it for another
You might regret what you let slip away

like the geek in the pink
well like the geek in the pink, yeah
















So, my inner geekness is finally coming out!! I've held it in a bit, but i've decided just today that i must embrace it and admit it to the world! I can't fight it anymore! My geekness. It's not even inner geekness. It's like right out in your face geekness. I don't like to use the word nerd to describe what i'm about. I perfer to go by dork and or geek! So, next time you need to contact me, please remember that!!

Ok, first things first! I love the show The Closer. Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson is my new hero!!! She is a charming character portrayed by Kyra Sedgewick, who looks like she's in over her head and a mess, but never really is. You won't like her much at first, then she'll start to grow on you and you can't wait for the next episodes. She plays Brenda Lee Johnson brilliantly!! I just love her quirky mannerisms and quick wit! But, the best part of Brenda Johnson is this: She hides ring dings in her drawer in her office!!! Last episode of season 1...she closes her case, finds out that her staff really likes her so she goes smiling into her office, closes the door, pulls down the shades and sits down on her desk!! Still smiling she slowly opens the drawer, fiddles around till she finds that ring ding and eats that sucker!! WOOHOO!!!



Story:
Once upon a time (can only happen to me)...last week when i was in Starbucks in the evening i ordered an iced tea...then i sat down in the comfy chair and there was a table right there so i put my drink on it...also on the table were 2 cups from others that weren't thrown away...so somehow i got preoccupied with my ipod and went to take my iced tea to drink, i pick up the cup, take a sip from the straw and realize hmmm this doesn't taste like ice tea at all, it was warm and sweet like vanilla...i look up and see that i am holding one of the OTHER CUPS from the table... i drank from a total strangers cup....SO, i immediately ran over to the napkins, (i didn't swallow what was in my mouth) and i spit it into the napkin, the napkin didn't hold what i spit and it went all over the floor, then i took another napkin and wiped my mouth out and my lips too!!! I was so so so grossed out!!! UGH!!! :O)
Moral of story: Always look before you put something in your mouth!!!!


















Another story:
Once upon a time, Geek Michelle needed to drive somewhere! See her amazingly cool car? She opened the door, got in, then somehow (not certain) she slammed the car door on her left index finger!!! OUCH!!!!! Then Geek Michelle sat there for 5 seconds wondering why she was in pain and where that pain was coming from?? She tried to open the door with her LEFT hand but somehow she couldn't! It seemed to be, hmmm stuck! Finally, realizing this, she used her right hand to open the car door! Geek Michelle couldn't have been more geeky at the very moment in time!! Geek Michelle's finger is OK, thank you very much.

KISS MY FACE!!! HA, got your attention huh?


















I am obsessed with this product!! First of all, the name alone Peaceful Patchouli should send signals to your brain right away!!! It's a shower gel, yet its so much more!!
GOOD FOR YOU BECAUSE...
Patchouli: uplifting, clarifying, balancing
Allantoin: from Comfrey Root, healing and soothing
Olive Oil: superb moisturizer for all skin types
Don't know about you, but i always want to be uplifted, clarified, balanced, healed, soothed and moisturized when showering!! Come on, i bet you do too!!

So, what do you think so far? Am i embracing my inner geek? I think that the term "geek" has a lot broader usage than people are giving it credit for. It is not just about technology or science fiction. A geek is just someone who is passionate to an extreme about something. After all, it is possible to be a music geek, a movie geek, etc. That is why people are proud to be geeks. I have had this conversation with friends on a number of occasions as we are all proud to be geeks.

I love gadgets and tech stuff yet i know practically nothing about working a computer from the inside out! I can do "stuff" on the computer but if it crashes or breaks down on me, i'm f--ked! But there are some who are more gadget oriented than i am! They carry portable organizers and other devices such as Blackberries around. In the car they rely on GPS for trips across town. I would consider these people geeks. But once portable devices becomes more common place like carrying your wallet around, I wouldn't consider them geeks any more.

I use a computer regularly. Checks my bank statements, E-mails online and update my 2 blogs usually every other day!! I carry a cellphone and ipod around at all times!!! Oh and my digital camera, a small cute black one! Kinda more toyish than real photographer style camera!

I grew up in the 70's. When bell bottoms were in style. When "disco" was all the rage! I was very naive and innocent back then. Sadly, i still am naive and innocent in the year 2008!

I think i may be to sentimental at times and way to mushy! I need to toughen up. Show the world who is boss. Shyly and geekly but still show the world. It can be done...

I am going to admit something here. Raw cool, while still very very cool is not so very very raw!!! Yeah, its bad. I'm not sure at this point, if i am going to go 100% raw. At all. I enjoy food and i cannot seem to give up certain things. It just tastes too good. Plus, i'm healthy. 125lbs down from 160lbs. Maybe, just maybe what i am doing now is working FOR ME!!

If i was to give a percentage i would guess i am somewhere around 50/50 at this point. Is the geek factor rising or ebbing now? I did just receive a shipment of BTR Nut butters. I will dig into each jar later. Pecan cashew butter, Pine nut butter and Mac-Cashew butter! YUM!! I do the whole Vitamineral green, spirilina, MSM, Maca thing too! Hey why not? Fruit is a staple of my diet! Those juicy white peaches and blackberries can't be beat! I wanna forage too!! So, i know things!

I don't feel like a failure. I am so very glad i learned about raw and i have made many wonderful friends. Sam, Heidi, Kristen, Sue, all my running buddies, Debs, you all know who you are and i appreciate all of your encouraging and wonderful comments here. I never in my wildest dreams thought that anybody would even want to read my blog!!! I'm humbled and even a tear or two may fall.

I know that by admiting that i am not 100% raw and may never be, i will be respected. Its not geeky to pretend you are something your clearly not. It's geeky to be 100% honest. I know that is what i have to do to keep up this blog. Be myself, be honest, be funny and most of all be geeky!!!

So, Jason Mraz! He's pretty cool and is a raw foodist. I've been a fan for a while now and when i read over at We like it raw that not only is he a raw foodist, the dude has an avocodo farm!! Whats up with that?? You should all definitely check out his fabulous blog freshness factor five thousand. It's the bomb for sure!!! He writes his blog as if he's writing a song. Lyrical and funny and light! Please check out his new CD We sing, We dance, We steal things! Its really good and fun! One of my favorites on that CD is this:

The Dynamo of Volition
1: an act of making a choice or decision...Volition means! So, Jason my friend is The Dynamo of making a decision!!! I wanna be a dynamo of volition too!!! Someday! Soon i hope!

I am also thinking of changing the look of my blog. Not sure yet though. Any thoughts? I have been very interested in purusing food blogs. Photos of food, descriptions of food, recipes...i've included some of the blogs i've been looking at in my blog roll. Check them out.

I am also getting another tattoo! YES, the geek in pink is getting more ink! I won't reveal the idea yet though. It's just in the consultation stage right now. I can tell you, i am going here Saved tattoo in the hip hood of Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I will be seeking out the services of the artist Michelle!

The geek in pink is doing major running! Well if you call running 5 miles major than heck yeah!! I'm like a running advertisment for Nike:













Just do it! Whatever IT may be for you! Focus on what you want to accomplish and how you want it to happen! Manifest, pray, skip, whatever works for you!!! JUST DO IT!!! This is your life folks. You do not get a do over!! So, you have to work with what GOD dude has given to you. Could be beauty. Could be brains. Could be both!! Or none! Who cares really...I don't know, maybe i think too much. I was told i have too much time on my hands. So, lots of time to think. But, i'm a good thinker! See, i'm good at something!!! What i'm trying to say is that everybody is good at something.

Me? I'm a good runner and thinker! I'm also very sweet and a good friend. I'm also a geek. But, i'm good at being a geek. I embrace my inner geekness to the one hundredth degree! I am so damn good at being a geek..

Here is a cool quote i am stealing from a friends blog:
"Nothing is lost upon a man who is bent upon growth; nothing wasted on one who is always preparing for - life by keeping eyes, mind and heart open to nature, men, books, experience - and what he gathers serves him at unexpected moments in unforeseen ways."

— Hamilton Wright Mabie

Bent upon growth! Keeping eyes, mind, heart open!! To experiences! That pretty much says it all, i think!!



So, for July 4th i'd like to include one last video that i think is appropriate:

Neil the man!
America
Far
Weve been travelling far
Without a home
But not without a star

Free
Only want to be free
We huddle close
Hang on to a dream

On the boats and on the planes
Theyre coming to america
Never looking back again
Theyre coming to america

Home, dont it seem so far away
Oh, were travelling light today
In the eye of the storm
In the eye of the storm

Home, to a new and a shiny place
Make our bed, and well say grace
Freedoms light burning warm
Freedoms light burning warm

Everywhere around the world
Theyre coming to america
Every time that flags unfurled
Theyre coming to america

Got a dream to take them there
Theyre coming to america
Got a dream theyve come to share
Theyre coming to america

Theyre coming to america
Theyre coming to america
Theyre coming to america
Theyre coming to america
Today, today, today, today, today

My country tis of thee
(today)
Sweet land of liberty
(today)
Of thee I sing
(today)
Of thee I sing
(today)
Happy Independence Day my friends! I love you all!!

blog comments powered by Disqus