Monday, July 28, 2008

The songs that we sing.....


And if you need to kiss me, than youll most definatly miss me

There's a very nice quality to Ed Harcourt! Sure, he's easy on the eyes but his music speaks to me! You can certainly check his music out here My space Ed Harcourt and read about him here Ed Harcourt. I like that he's from the UK! I also like this:
Hi there. My name is Ed Harcourt and I like writing songs, painting, fishing, cooking, cats, wolves, ducks, books, charity shop vinyl, drinking in good company, buying weird old instruments that no-one has heard of on e-Bay and starting up a myspace.com for myself because someone else has already done it. Confused? Me too. I'm married to the beautiful Gita Harcourt. That's all you need to know. Bye.

Oh well, he's married!





Her name is Jessica! She is 8 years old, almost 9! Her mom told me that she has started asking "questions". Her mom bought her this The care and keeping of you. It's quite a book. Here is how its described:

This “head-to-toe” guide answers all a girl's questions about her changing body, from hair care to healthy eating, bad breath to bras, periods to pimples, and everything in between. Over 2 million copies sold!













Here is Jessica proudly posing for me with her book in hand! Gotta tell you, i was a little flabbergasted when she flipped the book open, very flippantly i might add and said "Michelle, lets look at her vagina"! YIKES!!! Now i am not sure that Jess, oops she doesn't like to be called Jess..she told me quite seriously that she prefers to be called by her full name Jessica!! Anyway, i'm not entirely sure Jessica knows what it means to menstruate or even exactly where her vagina is but then again she is 8 going on 9 and knows a heck of a lot more than i did when i was her age. I'm very sure of that!! After all she is a kid growing up in a time when having an ipod and computer of your own is pretty much a given. I do think that it is a very good informative well done book. Jessica seemed to be really interested in browsing through it and also to show me parts that she thought were a bit silly! Pretty neat huh?













Here's my man Zachary!! 10 years old, almost 11 and a huge New York Mets fan! He is a very sweet, sensitive young man IMHO! He cares about his younger sister even though he likes to hit her when sitting next to her in the car! Don't worry, Jessica hits him right back much to their mom's chagrin! I tend to giggle at that, again much to their mom's chagrin!














This is what you will see Zachary doing most of the time. Nope, i won't put him down because he plays video games. Most of the boys between the ages of 7-12 do, don't they? Plus, he plays baseball video games only! No shooting games, no violent games, no bloody games, just baseball. Period! To his credit, he does love to actually "play" baseball. He told me very proudly or rather showed me his big boo-boo on his thigh! "I got hit by a pop-up" he told me! "On my leg"..."it kinda hurts a little"...being all cool like!!

Being that i do not have children of my own, and may never...i found it both fun and enlightening to spend time with these great kids. I know their mom since she was born. Jessica looks exactly like her mom did at her age. It's kinda freaky. Same personality too!

I think having children is one of the most amazing things in life. I just can't fathom the fact that somehow 1 sperm attaching to 1 egg produces a human being. It's crazy and so miraculous! It's nature at its finest. Or is it GOD dude? I really don't know. It just is!

Sometimes, i think kids can teach us adults a thing or two. They know why the sky is blue or at least they can explain it in such a way that it makes total sense. Who knew from the internet when i was a kid? I thought i was so cool using a transistor radio and tuning into the most popular rock station. Then came the walkman...total coolness!!

It's just such a different world today. A little scary because kids grow up way to fast IMHO! Dating, sex, all that craziness is something that a 10 year old girl should not be thinking about. Dolls, books, Hannah Montana...thats what i'm talking about!!! 10 year old boys, video games, sports and maybe some cool music, again thats what i'm talking about!!

I am very glad i was able to spend some time with these great kids. Jessica, so cool and lady like, yet still very much a little girl. Zachary, so boyish and aloof yet always asking for a hug! So very cool.













Drink me! I'm just saying!

Wilma: I cannot believe you just sat there and let them walk out on us.
Fred Flintstone: At least I can walk around the house in my underwear again.
Wilma: And that is more important to you than 30 years of friendship?
Fred Flintstone: It is on a hot day.

Cliff Vandercave: Do you know what we do up here?
Fred Flintstone: Well me and the guys have always wondered.
Cliff Vandercave: We interface, Flintstone, we conceptualize, tenderize, prioritize.
Fred Flintstone: When do we eat?
blog comments powered by Disqus