Friday, May 8, 2009

Do Not Bite The Hand That Feeds You...


Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds
You're keeping in step
In the line
Got your chin held high and you feel just fine
Because you do
What you're told
But inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold

Just how deep do you believe?
Will you bite the hand that feeds?
Will you chew until it bleeds?
Can you get up off your knees?
Are you brave enough to see?
Do you want to change it?

What if this whole crusade's
A charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid
For the blood
On which we dine
Justified in the name of the holy and the divine

Just how deep do you believe?
Will you bite the hand that feeds?
Will you chew until it bleeds?
Can you get up off your knees?
Are you brave enough to see?
Do you want to change it?

So naive
I keep holding on to what I want to believe
I can see
But I keep holding on and on and on and on

I bit the hand that feeds me. HARD! Guess what? That fucking hand slapped me in the face. HARD! It hurt too. Which made me realize that you should never bite any hand that hands you food. You kinda need to eat.

Here are my observations for the week. I am copying this gorgeous lady buzz by annies. Buzz by there, won't you?

Or I may call it Friday Miscellany:

Here goes:

1. Never think that somebody is talking to you if your not 100% sure. For example, today I was sitting in a waiting room, you know - waiting and somebody starting shouting out and looking directly at me, or so I thought. I had my iPod on so I quickly pulled the headphones out and said rather loudly, WHAT?? YOU TALKING TO ME? No response, so I turn around and the woman directly behind me was responding to her rendering me EMBARRASSED! NOT BARE ASSED!!!

2. While doing laundry why do people feel compelled to tell you what to do and how to do it. Just today, I was down there and taking my clothes out of the washer to put in dryer and 3 people told me what dryers I should use. WHY? Because they were hotter and less linty than the one I choose. I politely thanked them and proceeded to do my thang!!! Also, do not wait 3 weeks to wash your running clothes. It smells.

3. Being nice is rewarding. I got a chocolate cupcake and unfortunately it has wetted my appetite for all things chocolaty and all things cupcakey. Do any of you bake? I can email you with my order!!

4. Tiny Titties RULE:   tiny titties rule, I think tiny titties rule, do you?

5. The other day when trying to get approval for the monster MRI I unexpectedly found myself having an EKG! For whatever reason they need to put stickers all over your upper body. Underneath my tiny titties for example. The woman who did it, she is familiar with my titties so it wasn't a bad experience but my point is WHY did I need an EKG for an MRI? Anybody? Also, the next day, after I showered, I noticed that one of the EKG stickers was still STUCK on my body. My chest, thankfully not my tiny tittie. How did I not feel that sticker all night long?

6. I do not have patience for rude persons. The other day I entered my neighborhood supermarket only to be accosted by two woman. Here is how it went down:
Woman - You Jewish?
Me: YES
Woman: Want to know about after Passover?
Me: No thank you I am in a hurry!
Woman: (now following me around the store, I kid you not) FOLLOWING ME!
Me: Please leave me alone
Woman: (shoving something into my hand) TAKE THIS
Me: Well, OK
Woman: All smiling and contrite
Me: WTF?
I come home and ask my mom about a holiday "after" Passover. She has no clue.
Woman had given me some literature and MATZOH! Dude Passover is over for a month now!!!

7. I like this saying:
I fall flat on my face and, well there you are!!

8. I think my TOE is all healed. Well perhaps not all healed but a lot healed. Ok, bad english I know. Sorry. I need a pedicure bad. My running blister that I don't think I talked about here, is healed. It was a blood blister. Cool right? I think only runners get blood blisters, I may be wrong though.

9. I love to walk around Manhattan and take in the sights. Like a tourist you know? But, not really since I live in Brooklyn I am not considered a real tourist. Only a wannabe tourist. I am open to being a tour guide sherpa for any of you wannabe tourists or real tourists. Your call. I find sherpas fascinating, do you?

The term sherpa is also used to refer to local people, typically men, who are employed as guides for mountaineering expeditions in the Himalayas, particularly Mt. Everest. They are highly regarded as elite mountaineers and experts in their local terrain.

So, I could totally be a sherpa right? I am local people, woman we have equal rights these days guide for expeditions in the wilds of Manhattan, particularly The Empire State Building OR The Statue of Liberty. Highly regarded as an elite runner and I am an expert in the local terrain of Manhattan. Need I say more?

10. This has gone on way longer than anticipated. Thanks for sticking with it.

Oh I want to give a hearty jubilant amazing shout out and congrats to
hihorosie and yardsnacker a cool raw couple and friends of mine. They just welcomed a beautiful baby boy into the world. His name is Caleb and he is a beauty.

If your all wondering what the results of my scary MRI was, I said it already. I bit the hand that feeds me. HARD!!! Guess what? That fucking hand slapped me in the face. HARD! It hurt too. Which makes me realize that you should never bite any hand that hands you food. You kinda need to eat.

So, I am officially on the injured list, once again. Why is it that I seem to be the ONLY one on that list??

Click on over to my running blog:
running down dreams
No pressure, not to worry!

It's not what's happening around you, Michelle, that determines your health, finances, or hotness, but what's happening inside of you - exclusively.
You hottie,
The Universe
blog comments powered by Disqus