Friday, August 29, 2008

The number 36!









I'm running on Labor Day!! I have to! It's almost Un-american not to don't you think?? The anal retentive part of me needs to finish this running streak on an even number. It's really that simple. Then again, its not!

As a mystical concept, the number 36 is even more intriguing. It is said that at all times there are 36 special people in the world, and that were it not for them, all of them, if even one of them was missing, the world would come to an end. The two Hebrew letters for 36 are the lamed, which is 30, and the vav, which is six. Therefore, these 36 are referred to as the Lamed-Vav Tzadikim. This widely-held belief, this most unusual Jewish concept is based on a Talmudic statement to the effect that in every generation 36 righteous "greet the Shechinah," the Divine Presence! Thats all i got!!! Just know this: the number 36 is meaningful and special.

Activity: Run
Date: 08/29/08 06:51 AM
Distance: 5.07 miles
Time: 0:54:26
Speed: 5.6 mph
Pace: 10′ 44 min/mile
Calories: 534
Heart Rate: –
Activity Goal: None
Weather:
Overcast
Temp: 70 F
Humidity: 65
Heat Index: 70 F
Wind: E 7
Difficulty: –


Splits
MILE PACE (MIN/MILE) SPEED (MPH) ELEVATION
GAIN
ACTUAL +/- AVG ACTUAL +/- AVG
1 11′ 11 +0′ 27 5.4 -0.2 – ft
2 11′ 02 +0′ 18 5.4 -0.2 – ft
3 14′ 21 +3′ 37 4.2 -1.4 – ft
4 10′ 34 -0′ 10 5.7 +0.1 – ft
5 9′ 36 -1′ 08 6.2 +0.6 – ft
end 9′ 13 -1′ 31 6.5 +0.9 – ft
Versus average of 10′ 44 min/mile: Slower Fast

If you notice, my last mile was about 9.36, my fastest mile so far was a 9.19 so close. I am not sure what to do to increase my speed but i am researching and talking to people in the know. I was never one to do speed work or farklets. A farklet is a swedish term for speed play and a term that runners use when they talk about a run where they varied the distance, time, and speed increases that they did during a run. Don't get me wrong, i want to farklet and god knows i probably do in my sleep, but when running, well i just run.

I also have decided to implement a new way of commenting here on my blog. I am sure some of you are familiar with it. It's Disqus. Try it, let me know what you all think! Let's just say, it gives me more control over my blog!

Do any of you watch Pushing Daisies? You know that totally irreverent show about a pie-maker who has the power to bring the dead back to life. The show premiered in the United States on October 3, 2007, on ABC. So this cool thing is happening ABC will be promoting Pushing Daisies, one of my favorite shows from last season, by setting up ersatz Pie Holes around the country. Check out Pie Holes to see if you may be able to pick up a slice of pie!! Will i be eating pie!?? You bet!

Happy Labor Day to all my homies!!

"When choosing between two evils...
I always like to try the one I've never tried before." - Mae West

blog comments powered by Disqus