Friday, July 31, 2009

all of us have a place in history, mine is in the clouds.

“We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.”--Calvin & Hobbes

So, where are we? Where are you?








What is fairly obvious to me, is that I don't care what others think of me. It has taken me a very long time to get to this point and I am not even really there yet, but I am who I am. Which reminds me of this quote from Popeye:
Popeye: [singing] I yam what I yam and I yam what I yam that I yam / And I got a lotta muscle and I only gots one eye / And I'll never hurt nobodys and I'll never tell a lie / Top to me bottom and me bottom to me top / That's the way it is 'til the day that I drop, what am I? / I yam what I yam.


Yesterday, while in Manhattan and while eating a yummy falafel I noticed a woman and she looked so fucking familiar to me. I know that I saw her somewhere, on TV. Being a dork, I was shy to ask her who she was. So, instead I stared at her as she was ordering her lunch, then stared at her some more. Still, with all that staring I had no sudden epiphany of who she might be.

I came home scratching my head because I know her damn it. Last night, I spent a good portion of the evening wracking my brain and trying to envision her where I saw her. Nope. This morning I awoke ready for my run, but in the back of my mind I saw her, yet couldn't place her. I still can't place her and I think this may haunt me for a while.

WHY? No clue. It is so not important really. Yet, I need to know.

And now that a few days have past, I couldn't give a shit who she is. Hey, I lost a toenail.....
















“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world” - Oscar Wilde

“the way we move through time and space, or only time. The way it’s night for many miles, and then suddenly it’s not, it’s breakfast and you’re standing in the shower for over an hour, holding the bar of soap up to the light.” - richard siken


And your dead end friends
Make your stomach shake
And your hissing head
Barrels down that blackened lane
Alone at last to figure how you got this way

















Pay back is a mo fuckin’ bitch

“ You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.

















"You can out-distance that which is running after you, but not what is running inside you. rwandan proverb
blog comments powered by Disqus