Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kill the Batman....

















I am so not the person to rave about a movie but today i feel the need! So, i saw The Dark Knight the other night with a friend. I went in with absolutely no expectations or even knowing exactly what the story was. I figured if i liked it, it was worth the $12 and if i didn't, well at least i got to see one of Health Ledger's last performances! It blew me away!!!

Let's start with Batman's last line "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain". This movie is surely the best of the year so far and deservedly so.

The acting is top-notch. Not a single actor in this movie comes up short. Christian Bale portrays Batman better than he did in its predecessor. Aaron Eckhart impresses with his take of Harvey Dent and Two- Face, Maggie Gylenhaal does a fantastic job playing the role of Rachel Dawes. Even the small characters of Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman are very well dealth with!

But the most important person who steals the show is the one and only MR. Heath Ledger, even Batman looks a bit frightened by him (look at the eyes of Batman when he interacts with the Joker in the jail cell).

Heath's acting in this movie is unlike anything i have ever seen before. Never has a character made me feel afraid, horrified, confused then had me laughing in hysterics all in the space of 10 seconds. At times he truly is a horrifying figure to watch, then he switches to a lunatic, you cant help but laugh at. He has managed to truly capture what the Joker really is in this movie. A dangerously insane human being.


This is easily the best batman movie and way better than "Begins".

So i'll just say watch it even if u are not familiar with the Batman franchise.

Watch it simply for the cynicism of Heath Ledger and you will know why there is already an Oscar buzz.

In final thought, the Dark Knight is epic, emotional, and exciting, all at the same time. I loved this film, it was tense and disturbing while being at times a little comical through the Joker's odd, dark sense of humor. I could go on all day long talking about how perfect this film was, but I'll try to wrap things up here. The Dark Knight is easily the best film of 2008, and should definitely be considered for some big-time Oscars, in particular Heath Ledger's stunning performance as the Joker; but not only is The Dark Knight the year's best film, it is the best film of the decade thus far.

I just really enjoyed this film!




Funny story:
So with about 20 minutes left to the film, i took out my ipod to check the time. Not because i was bored, i just like to know time is all. In the back of my mind, i was thinking, Michelle please don't drop your ipod!! I dropped it! It clattered to the floor and i started freaking out because my ipod is my life! Ok, well maybe not my life, but very definitely my entire music life...So what did i do? I literally got down on the floor of the movie theatre on my hands and knees searching for the ipod. I first checked underneath my seat, then somehow i started checking under the seat of the very nice young man sitting next to me. He looked down at me and nicely gave me his cell phone to use as a flash light! So, here i am on my hands and knees with another mans cell phone, seaching for my ipod. He then politely said to me "wait till the movie is over and the lights come on"...i looked at him as if he had two heads and said in a whisper, "i cannot do that, i need to find it NOW"...Ok, i did find it, it literally fell straight down where my feet were so i was totally looking in the wrong place!! I felt strangely embarrassed and slightly stupid all at the same time!! It was as if my life depended on finding my ipod at that very moment in time!! The nice young man next to me chuckled a bit and went about settling into his seat once again to view the rest of the film! Me, well i clutched the ipod with both of my hands and smiled just a little to myself at the absurdity of the event that just took place!

Son, being popular is the most important thing in the whole world.
Homer Simpson
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
Homer Simpson
Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.
Homer Simpson

And finally, Homer Simpson has advice for those who want to complain about anything. It's really an almost Zen observation on how to achieve and maintain a spiritual level of content. The problem that most people have is that they are unhappy because of something that occurred previously. For instance, many of us are unhappy that Pres. Bush lied to us about Iraq in order to win approval for sending strangers to die there. If you find yourself unhappy about something, I suggest you take these words of Homer Simpson to heart. Study them. Consider the depth of meaning that exists in this deceptively simple observation. "Everything looks bad if you remember it." Yes, no matter what your problem, no matter what it is that is causing your misery, the resolution to your discontent could not be simpler. Just stop remembering whatever it is that caused you to become unhappy. If you quit remembering it, it won't seem as bad.
blog comments powered by Disqus