Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Up is the new Down....!!!!














Lots of stuff happening! The above photo is my new favorite "hood" in Brooklyn! Williamsburg! I do think i mentioned it in a few posts back. This is where i visited the tattoo place..Saved Tattoo!! It's actually quite far from where i live, but i was coming from a therapy session (no comments please :O) ) and so it took only 15 minutes to get there from therapy...I wonder, do i need therapy because i'm getting another tattoo or is it because of therapy that i am getting another tattoo?? NOT!!














This is the exterior of the place! It's quite cool, a big loft space! I know, it looks kinda funky but remember this is a cool hip neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY!














Here's Michelle, she will be doing my tattoo!!
I promise to post a photo when it is all done. Until then, i must keep the secret! Only a few people know. You know who you are friends! I have to admit i was a little aprehensive about going to a new tattoo place. But, my good friend Karen put my mind at ease. Also, once i walked into the place it just felt right! I will probably get this tattoo sometime in early August so check back!



I've been happy. Quietly contemplating my future. I know what has to be done, and i will do my best to get it done. I have people in my little corner helping me and encouraging me so to them i salute and say HOLLA!!! I feel as though i've reached a turning point in my life and i really do need to turn that corner to the other side. Not far, just far enough to make a change. Sometimes, i get scared of changes in my life, but GOD dude is leading the way for me. I like GOD dude!

Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

This doesn't mean assuming that God will work everything out the way I want Him to, but rather that God can be trusted to do what is best and to guide me through.

This is a very nice scripture. I feel it means a lot to ME! Just to do what is best in life. To trust in GOD dude ya know? Hey why not? What do you have to lose, to trust in the Lord...go with it!! There are so many scriptures and i truly believe if you read them, you will always come across one or two of them that will truly speak to you!!

This is how i live now and sort of how most days i feel a calmness come over me! Not all the time, mind you. Believe me, there are days where i am scared, nervous and wondering...when i question things, sometimes to get no answers. No answers at all. But then, it hits me. It comes to me, i do not search it out. The answers hit me in the face! OUCH!! Yeah, sometimes it hurts to know the answers, but most times it calms me and i see things differently.

I know i am doing the right thing (most of the time). Hey, i'm far from perfect, but as long as i live my life in a good way, i can rest easy at night. I have love for my family and friends. Love for the good i see in people. Love for the generosity and kindness i've come to know from so many. It really warms my heart.

I know i started this post out all cool about my tattoo but somehow, this post is evolving even as i type right now. The thoughts just flow and i have to get it down fast.

This morning, after my run i was very tempted to run down the beach to the beckoning ocean, strip off my shirt (sports bra underneath) and run into the water! I was already drenched from sweat, so i thought a nice dip in the ocean would do me good. Then i realized i had my iPod with me and that was really the end of that idea! Why? Because as trusting as i may be with people, i simply didn't trust leaving my iPod on the sand, in my shoes as i swam a bit. Sad, i know but this is the life we live. I so wish it wasn't.

But, i never really ask why??? Why can't i just leave my iPod on the sand? Deep down i know the answers. I just accept it and move on.

Reminds me of a famous quote by Ghandi:
Be the change that you want to see in the world.
How about this one too?
Hate the sin, love the sinner. (thats a hard one, isn't it)
I think my favorite one right now is this:

Nobody can hurt me without my permission!

God bless you Mahatma Ghandi!

So, on to other things...i'm digging oatmeal lately! I mean i'm really loving it for breakfast!! Thanks to my new friend over at on a lobster placemat who puts some neat things on top of her oatmeal. As she says, its all in the toppings! YES!! Not raw, not even close to being raw but nothing wrong with a nice bowl of oatmeal in the morning i always say!!!













Anyway, i know where i can get some really good raw food and treats!! It's a special place and unfortunately i cannot share it just yet. Someday, i hope...

So, up is definitely the new down...things are looking up for me. Up is good!

A picture really is worth 1000 words isn't it? Enjoy my friends!!
blog comments powered by Disqus