Thursday, July 31, 2008

When water comes to life....


All you need to know
Is you are born of water
You are made of water
You are merely water, water, water

Cloud Cult is an experimental indie rock band led by singer/songwriter Craig Minowa. I like them. I like them a lot! You can read a bit about them here my space cloud cult.
Check this out:

In 1997, lead singer Craig Minowa created Earthology Records to release his band's recordings. This nonprofit label uses only recycled materials and donates all profits to environmental charities. The band also tours in a biodiesel van.

The most common theme to Cloud Cult's songs is the 2002 death of Craig and Connie Minowa's baby son Kaidin. After this tragedy Craig wrote over a hundred songs to deal with the loss.

One of the most distinctive features of Cloud Cult shows is the live painting by Connie Minowa and Scott West. Over the course of a show they each complete a painting that is auctioned off at the end.

What do you guys think of that?? Pretty neat huh?













I got yelled at today! Yep, i did. Not by my mom or sister or even a friend. Nope, i got yelled at by the dreaded dental hygienist!! I was a very bad girl and she knew it! See, somehow i thought if i didn't floss for 5 months Roz wouldn't know. Hey, its only 5 months. I thought i could hide it. But how? Once i opened my big mouth and she stuck that horribly sharp instrument inside, she knew. Immediately. And she yelled at me. Almost brought tears to my eyes. She said that i wasn't doing what i was supposed to do and when i told her she was hurting me, want to know what she said??? She said and i quote "tough, you deserve all the pain" HUH?? Yeah, well i guess. But still, it seemed as if she was enjoying inflicting the pain. She almost had this maniacal frenzied look as if she was purposely trying to make it hurt. ODD!!

You know its funny, i always thought i had a very high tolerance for pain and i usually do. I mean i have 5 tattoos and i sort of enjoyed getting them. I run everyday and if thats not a high tolerance for pain, i don't know what is but this tooth/gum pain is just the pits. The pain seems to reach the very core of my being and beyond. It made my eyes water and my hands clench to my sides. I almost slid out of the chair. It hurt damnit. A lot!

But, you know i have no one to blame but myself. I got LAZY! I thought to myself, i'm drinking greens and i'm eating some raw food, must make my teeth all healthy! Yeah right. It didn't. Then i started going off the wagon. Eating more and more cooked foods. Sweets. Icecream. CRAP!!! Crap imbedded inside your teeth is not good. Not healthy. It just isn't. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this. So. my oath to myself is to floss everyday and do whatever Roz tells me to do. SWEET!!














I went purple today.
The Color Psychology of Purple

Purple is the symbol of royalty and wealth.

Purple also represents wisdom and spirituality.

Purple does not often occur in nature, it can sometimes appear exotic.

I think i look pretty fucking cool with my purple finger nails. It's shiny and kinda gives off tiny flashes of light every time i look at it. Maybe, i glow in the dark. It's just that its summer still and i want to draw attention to myself. Yes, i said that. I want to be noticed. Why not?

I'm certainly not the most beautiful or the most exotic but with purple finger nails i stand out just a bit. In line at Whole Foods i'm noticed. Riding up in the elevator i'm noticed. Not because i'm beautiful, but because of my purpleness! Next time i may go orange!

You know i've been kicked to the curb way to many times in life. I've even been stepped on and it hurt a lot! No more i say!

Here is a wonderful quote a dear friend shared with me recently:
First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.
— Thomas A Kempis


Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? If you, as an individual do not feel peaceful and calm, how can you make others around you feel it? You can't. At least i can't! I've made peace with many things in my life. I've accepted things that may at one time, been difficult and i move on. It's really that simple. Dwelling on things is so very harmful. So very negative. It's just not done in my world anymore. I have people who care about me. Lots of people here have shown this to me. It's rather incredible.

There is an incredible array of information and philosophies and joy that one can have. It's a given. It's a fact. I have it. I'm living it. Summer transforms into Autumn and you know what, i can't wait! I can't wait to feel the cool breezes as i run. I can't wait to see the leaves falling and feel the crunch underneath my feet. Believe it or not, i can't wait to feel my the cold breeze on my face as Winter approaches. It's magical. It just is.

So, why dwell? Why think stupid thoughts. I must stay positive and hopeful. Everything else is crap. It's poo! It's shit! Really, take my word for it. Trust me, i know! I am only going to do things from now on, that make me happy. I will surround myself with positive, meaningful, beautiful people. People that love orchids and writing and photography and learning and most of all, people that are loving!

Another wonderful quote from a wonderful friend:
"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." -- Bernard Meltzer.


So, who cares if i am slightly cracked? Anybody? Speak up please! The comment section will be open folks. Be honest, OK?

So, i'd really like to thank the Academy for this wonderful award! I'd also like to give a shout outz to God dude for making it all possible. My parents? Sure, them too! It was a pleasure to act in this movie with all of the celebrities i love. I am glad i had a staring role so i was able to hang out a lot in my trailer getting massages and eating wonderful raw food! I am a diva! I am wonderful! Gosh darnit, everybody likes me!! Right? You do, don't you? Hmmm, hello? Hey, why are you taking the award away from me??? Is that my alarm clock? Oh my, is it 6am already? Is this a dream? I didn't win the Academy award? Oh shit! You don't like me after all? WTF??

blog comments powered by Disqus