Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fight The Power


1989 the number another summer (get down)
Sound of the funky drummer
Music hittin' your heart cause I know you got sould
(Brothers and sisters hey)
Listen if you're missin' y'all
Swingin' while I'm singin'
Givin' whatcha gettin'
Knowin' what I know
While the Black bands sweatin'
And the rhythm rhymes rollin'
Got to give us what we want
Gotta give us what we need
Our freedom of speech is freedom or death
We got to fight the powers that be
Lemme hear you say
Fight the power

But who? Who can I fight? I am just a little pion in the big world. I am a wuss who gets stepped on left and right.













Today I was brought way back down to reality. Man.
Since I was going to do a speed workout later in the evening I decided to loosen up a bit with a ride. So I rode down the Shore Parkway bike path and stopped at the end for a moment. When I started on my way back home ~ I knew something was wrong. Odd noise I heard. I stopped and looked down ~ back tire FLAT as a pancake.

So, I walked and walked and asked somebody if there was a bike shop nearby. Yes, he said 2 blocks down. So, I get there to the Verrazano Bicycle Shop and Mr. Tomas Kim is the owner. I was all happy to find the shop and walked in with a smile. They told me there was a shard of glass that flattened the tire plus I needed a tube. They fixed it. Then Tomas Kim told me $12. Stupid me left the house with $5 and no metro card. Tomas Kim would not let me leave with my bike. He refused to accept my $5 with my PROMISE that I would come back with the $7. He told me the only way I could take my bike is if I left some sort of COLLATERAL. He asked me to leave my watch with him. My $300 garmin. I said no I don't want to do that. He also told me he is in business for 20 years. Good for him.

Long story short: Luckily my friends father lives 1 mile away from the bike shop. So, I left my bike and ran 1 mile to his house. I was running through the streets of Brooklyn with my bike helmet on my head. When I returned I put the $12 on the desk ~ took his business card and my bike and left the store without looking back.

I know MY BAD that I only took $5 but I am so disappointed. I was almost in tears in that store not being able to take my bike. I thought Help a dude out ya know? But not Mr. Kim. THANKS A LOT TOMAS KIM!!!

I know, he has a business to run ~ I totally get that. I just think a bit differently than other peeps do is all. It was $12. It was really $7.

I want to fight the power because I am a weakling. It is as though I live in a big bubble thinking the world all around me is great. Then the bubble pops open and I am exposed to the real ugly truth. Not all around me is glorious. In fact, probably just the opposite.

I want to fight the power and walk around with my eyes wide open ~ instead of eyes wide shut. I won't change who I am. I will just be way more cautious of others. Not trusting anymore. Can't be. Unless, I retreat back into my bubble land. Maybe!!

I will be an aggressive cyclist. I am taking a course in How to Be a Savvy Cyclist! because if anything, i am savvy!!! I never want to be in the predicament I was in today. I want to be able to do everything on my own. I don't want or need to want help from others.

I am a rebel without a pause. I want to be left alone and I will leave you all alone.
"We find ourselves dancing late/ Like young reprobates/ By the milky light of the mighty moon/ Find someone to nuzzle you/ And waltz from the room."















“ birds scream at the top of their lungs in horrified hellish rage every morning at daybreak to warn us all of the truth but sadly we don’t speak bird. kurt cobain

normal and abnormal exist together, defining each other.

“ when anything is blocking my head or there’s worry in my life, I just go sit on Mars or something and look back here at Earth. All you can see is this tiny speck. You don’t see the fear. You don’t see the pain. You don’t see thought. It’s just one solid speck. Then nothing really matters. It just doesn’t. heath ledger

YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE.

Pep Talk: You know, you have a lot of power. You can change the course of a person’s day with your words and your actions. Use that power for good. All the goodness you put out there will come back to you in surprising ways. You’ll be rolling in the blessings, which is awesome, because you’re loved and you deserve only the best things.

Today remind yourself: I get what I give.

You Are Just Right: Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."













"Joy is the feeling of grinning on the inside." - Melba Colgrove

"Joy is not in things. It's in us." - Richard Wagner

" Live and work but do not forget to play, to have fun in life and really enjoy it." - Eileen Caddy

I just want to fight the fucking power. Yeah, that is me talking. I am a rebel without a pause. So take that YO!
blog comments powered by Disqus