Friday, June 6, 2008

The Good - The Bad.....

“so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”- Ephesians 3:17-19

















GOOD:

Excellent running all week long! No pain! But much gain!

Meeting Anthony for lunch at Quintessence! Good food, good company!

Seeing my mom (slowly) healing from shingles! She would tell you different though!

Getting cleared for surgery! HUH? This is good? It is, trust me.

Thinking about my next tattoo. YES! This will be #4 and probably my last (maybe)

Making zucchini pasta with my spiralizer. Good upper body workout!

Learning never, ever, never to keep an ipod on your lap while getting a pedicure. trust me on this one!

Discovering lots and lots of new great music. Learning lots of new raw recipes!



BAD:

Well, guess what??? THERE IS NO BAD THIS WEEK! NOTHING, ZILCH, NADA!!!!

How can this be? Don't really know but it is! My heart feels happy this week. Sure, there are some dark moments, but you get through them. There is so much good in life, you just have to search for it and hold on tight once you find it. If you let it go, thats ok. It comes back all by itself. I promise you this. If you learn to be honest with your feelings, then others respond positively. They appreciate your candor and everything falls into place.

I try to be there for the important people in my life. I think its appreciated. Even if its just to hold the door for my 85 year old neighbor. When i see the little hint of a smile on his face, i know i touched him in some way. It's the little things.

GOD dude, i thank you every single day. He definitely has my back and pulls me through. I see this in every day little mundane things. The ordinary things that happen in life. GOD dude is there watching. I give thanks for every sunny, rainy, cloudy, yucky, beautiful, cold, hot, windy day. Life!

So, there are no bad things to talk about. I am happy today! I'd like to talk a little bit about the Jewish holiday Shavuot is coming Sunday night at sundown.

Shavuot is about the giving of the Commandments at Sinai (which happened on or very near Shavuot). It is also about the giving of the Spirit, which came upon the followers of Yeshua in Acts 2. There are parallels between Mt. Sinai and Acts 2:

-God chose Israel as his people at Sinai. Likewise, God chose the followers of Yeshua to be an extension of his people in Acts 2.
-Mt. Sinai was accompanied by signs of thunder and fire on the mountain. The Acts 2 event was accompanied by a great wind and fire on the heads of Yeshua’s followers.
-The Commandments were given to Israel as a sign of God’s covenant with his people. The Spirit was given to Yeshua’s followers as a sign, a seal, and an empowerment.

The giving of the Spirit is a sign of God’s choosing the followers of Yeshua to join his people. The giving of the Spirit is a seal, attesting to God’s ownership of each follower of Yeshua. The giving of the Spirit is an empowerment, changing our desires without removing our free will. Finally, the giving of the Spirit is a potential empowerment for more, as God can at any time use any of Yeshua’s followers in a miraculous way.

Shavuot is the Torah and the Spirit. As Paul said, God chose the followers of Yeshua “in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit” (Rom. 8:4).

This holiday really means a lot due to the followers of Yeshua being the "chosen" people by God! At least, thats what i think. Being a Messianic Jew brings these thoughts to the surface and once again, i thank God dude for all he has bestowed upon me!

So, there are no bad things to talk about. I am happy today!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus