Monday, September 1, 2008

People as Places as People....


Fleet Foxes is a five-piece Seattle based band signed to the labels Sub Pop and Bella Union. The quintet describe their music as "baroque harmonic pop jams". Check out Fleet Foxes, they are very soothing!














So, here i am! Beaten down. Tired beyond anything i've ever felt. I am dragging my feet today. My strength is wavering. My breathing seems labored. I sure hope i do not have exercise induced asthma!! it's a scary prospect to ponder because no matter what, i will not stop running. It is much to big a part of my life now.

With that said, today was day 36 and the last day of my running streak. I completed what i set out to do. I set a goal for myself and made it happen. While i am very rundown, i could go on running if i wanted to. I can probably go to 60 days or so. But, i don't need to. I feel like i accomplished something grand. Sure, in the scheme of things this is really not so grand. But, to me it is.

It comes down to a strong mind. I want to share with you something my virtual running buddy said:
Just put 90 minutes worth of your favorite music. Don't even think about miles. Be a minuteman! Just say to yourself "Hey, I am going out for 90 minutes run." Don't even look at your watch. Just go out for a nice 90 minutes of jogging style. Daydream. Listen to the music. Let the river flow! When 90 minutes is up, you will be surprised how many miles you have accumulated.

He also said this:
Believe it or not, running is 90% mental and 10% physical. Its all in your mind. I tell you, my friend, a mind is a powerful command center for your entire body.

So, with all that in mind, my mind pushes me. Mostly! I guess my legs have a little something to do with it also. Running has opened up a world of possibilities for me. It has given me a sort of purpose. Now i worry. Do i have EIA??

So, check this out!!! All raw directory. This wonderful lady pure jeevan, with the help of some others made it all happen!!! I think if you are wanting to experiment with raw, if you want to actually be raw or if you already are 100% this is the place for you!! It has a wealth of information. My blog is even listed!! Well after all, i am freakin raw cool.

I've been thinking and reflecting a lot about the past few months. Besides the fact that i had a ball this summer, i've also learned many lessons. Not at school, but life lessons which is so very important for us all. You learn and you take it in and then try to apply it to your everyday life. It's amazing really.

Now that summer is winding down, i like to reflect and then let it go and move on. There are four months left in 2008. I intend to rock those four months. 2009 can ONLY be better. Soon it will be time for my annual movie post. I will talk about the movies i am anxious to see before the end of the year. The Coen brothers are coming out with a silly funny movie. Burn After Reading is the title!!! Trailer. Take a look!! Cracks me up every time!!

I will also do a big post of upcoming new shows that interest me plus the oldies but amazing goodies that i am so looking forward to. Dexter comes to mind.









I am working on a lot of things right now. Once i get a good nights sleep i will write all about it here.


















This man....he makes me swoon. Ok, who uses that word anymore??? Swoon is a term used to express happiness or excitement, to be overwhelmed by joy or emotion toward something. It's that and so much more. I am beyond overwhelmed by this man. Not only is he an amazing actor in Mad Men he oozes sexuality. He's freakin gorgeous!!!

“When a man gives his opinion he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion she's a bitch.”
Bette Davis
blog comments powered by Disqus