Sunday, December 7, 2008

Never Take Friendship Personal.....


Adele - Chasing Pavements
Should I give up,
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere,
Or would it be a waste?
Even If I knew my place should I leave it there?
Should I give up,
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere










I want to talk about the year in music. What i think IMHO were the best albums of 2008. WHAT I THINK! You can totally feel free to disagree with me. In fact, i welcome a bit of back and forth amongst us. Music is so subjective isn't it? That is what i love so much about music. What i may love, you may think is poop! And thats OK! So without further ado, here is raw cools 2008 listing of what she thinks is the best of the albums of the year 2008:

10) Adele - 19 Released June 10, 2008
This album is soulful, intelligent and amazing. Adele is 20 from the UK. She was on SNL a few weeks back and blew me away!

9) TV on the Radio - Dear Science Released September 16, 2008
TVOTR are unique, innovative, it's exciting and poetic and i think i will be listening to this album for a very long time!

8) Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend Released January 29, 2008
Vampire Weekend is a breathe of very fresh air! They combine african music beats with the more well known indie pop sound and they like to call it Upper West Side Soweto. The music sounds fresh even after 10 listens and the best is that it is awesome to run to!!

7) Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago Released February 19 2008
Bon Iver (aka Justin Vernon) wrote this album himself in a rural cabin up in Northwestern Wisconsin in three months and it is chock full of emotion. Sounds like it truly came out of his heart and mind the haunting music makes listening to the album an incredible trip i'd like to take again and again.

6) Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy Released November 23 2008
It is something a bit new and different and i just like it is all!

5) Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes Released June 3 2008
Rich melodies and harmonies my ears feel as though they are taking flight and my heart stops beating just for a second or two! Very pleasantly surprised with this album.

4) The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely Released March 25 2008
This album touches upon many different genres - punk, folk, classic rock, blues Jack White really delivers on this one!

3) The Walkmen - You and Me Released August 19 2008
It's haunting and beautiful. Listen to In the New Year and The Walkmen will quickly become one of your favorite bands.

2) The Killers - Day and Age Released November 24 2008
I appreciate the Killers because they always have something new in their music. Day and Age is mystical alternative music. This album has far exceeded my expectations if you weren't a Killers fan prior to this album you certainly will be after!

1) Coldplay - Viva La Vida Released June 11 2008
No review could possibly scratch the surface of this albums greatness!! I think they created a sound distinct to themselves. I look forward for Coldplay to mature and develop into an even better band, perhaps one of the all time greats!!

Honorable mention to
Coldplay - Prospekt's March Released November 24 2008
It is comprised of some songs that didn't quite make it to Viva La Vida. It's just beautiful. Listen to Glass of Water and Now my feet won't touch the ground. Go ahead, i dare you!!!


















I am chillin with Chris Martin. Trying to figure out the ways of the world!


Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche



Coldplay - Yellow
I came along and wrote a song for you
and all the things you do
and it was called yellow!
blog comments powered by Disqus