Wednesday, December 31, 2008

In The New Year.....


The Walkmen - In The New Year
Oh, I’m still living
At the old address
And I’m waiting on the weather
That I know will pass

I know that it’s true
It’s gonna be a good year
Out of the darkness
And into the fire
I tell you I love you
And my heart’s in the strangest place
That’s how it started
And that’s how it ends

Well I know you’re with me
It’s a point of pride
And it’s louder than lightning
In this room of mine

Oh, I’m just like you
I never hear the bad news
And I never will
We won by a landslide
Our troubles are over
My sisters are married to all of my friends
Yeah, that’s how it started

You took your sweet time
And I waited by without complaint
Til all the pipe dreams made me insane

So it’s all over
It’s all over anyhow
You took your sweet time
Finally, I opened my eyes

My friends and my family
They are asking of me:
“How long will you ramble?
"How long did you say it would be?"
Snow is still falling
I’m almost home
I’ll see you in the new year

This is my 196th post of 2008. I had hoped to hit 200 but i am cool with where i ended up. I have so many thoughts in my head its almost too much to comprehend. I don't think i can really put into words how i am feeling at this moment.

Resolutions? Nah. Not this time. Not this year. I know what i must do but if i shout it out loud it will be heard by too many people who will then come to me on December 31st 2009 to ask me what i accomplished? And if i didn't do everything i said i would do, well you know!!!

I will tell you this though, not a day will go by where i won't be thankful for what i have. Not one fucking day. I am not rich nor will i ever be, but i have a home and warmth and food and family and friends and most importantly i have love.

I am done. Mushy was never my strong suit. It just doesn't work for me.

I told Liz Lemon today that she needs to accept certain things about me and she told me i need to be realistic. I know exactly what she meant and i will live up to that advice. There are no failures in life. You just strive to be the best you can be and move on.

So, tonight as i drink a toast to 2009 at 7PM and then go to sleep at 10pm i will think of all of you and smile. Do not worry folks, i will not picture any of you naked or doing any crazy ass stuff. I will picture you just as you are. Beautiful and special and oh so funny!!

Girlie crush i sure hope you find what you are looking for in 2009. I have asked that you date me, but since that won't be happening i want you to date someone so special that he knocks your socks off. Or stockings or whatever your wearing that particular evening.

Sista, you work hard and you always deserve to play hard too. Our challenge starting tomorrow is going to rock. I am sure it will be full of crazy antics and perhaps some cheating but honesty is the best policy!!! Good luck sista S!!

My runner friends remember i have a running blog over at runningdowndreams. Stay here, go there totally your call. But, there you can keep abreast of my running escapades. Here, anything goes! Also, i always wanted to use the word abreast!! It makes me giggle!


Also, i'd like to thank the academy for giving me this wonderful award because i am so deserving of it. I really am so its not surprising that i did indeed win!!!



























"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up
with the rain."


FUCK YEAH!! Have a fabulous New Year. Keep it real and you know my other mantra:
Stay calm and carry on!!!!

The words on the 2nd cartoon says:
I'd like to say a few words, its been real, but i can't say i'm not glad this party is almost over! Here, here!










blog comments powered by Disqus