Friday, January 2, 2009

Angels On The Moon....


Thriving Ivory - Angels on the Moon
They are pretty cool, i guess check them out here myspace. If you have itunes this is the free video of the week. Download it, put it on your ipod and listen to it as your walking around town.


Do you dream, that the world will know your name
So tell me your name
Do you care, about all the little things or anything at all?
I wanna feel, all the chemicals inside I wanna feel
I wanna sunburn, just to know that I'm alive
To know I'm alive

Don't tell me if I'm dying, cause I don't wanna know
If I can't see the sun, maybe I should go
Don't wake me cause I'm dreaming, of angels on the moon
Where everyone you know, never leaves too soon


I am pretty sure that the rest of 2009 has to be better than the beginning and that is all i want to say about that.

I am officially signed up for the Manhattan Half Marathon on January 25th. I am not, i repeat not running it for time. I am running it for the fun of it and i am running it to fulfill my goals of running all five half marathons in 2009 in the five boroughs of NY! Actually this is the info right NYRRC Grandprix I will make it happen. Unless i am injured and laying in a body cast somewhere. Then, i do not think i will make it happen. Sorry.

I wonder, would any of you think it would be cool to be deaf??? Check this out:
Once Upon A Time...
Once upon a time there was a bunch
of tiny frogs.... who arranged a
running competition.
The goal was to reach the top of a
very high tower.

A big crowd had gathered around
the tower to see the race and cheer
on the contestants....
The race began....

Honestly:
No one in the crowd really believed
that the tiny frogs would reach the
top of the tower.
You heard statements such as:

"Oh, WAY too difficult!!"
"They will NEVER make it to the top."

or:
"Not a chance that they will succeed.
The tower is too high!"


The tiny frogs began collapsing. One
by one....

Except for those, who in a fresh
tempo, were climbing higher and
higher..

The crowd continued to yell, "It is
too difficult!!! No one will make it!"



More tiny frogs got tired and gave
up....

But ONE continued higher and higher
and higher....

This one wouldn't give up!

At the end everyone else had given
up climbing the tower. Except for
the one tiny frog who, after a big
effort, was the only one who
reached the top!


THEN all of the other tiny frogs
naturally wanted to know how this
one frog managed to do it?
A contestant asked the tiny frog
how he had found the strength to
succeed and reach the goal?

It turned out....
That the winner was DEAF!!!!

The wisdom of this story is:
Never listen to other people's
tendencies to be

negative or pessimistic....because
they take your most wonderful
dreams and wishes away from
you -- the ones you have in your
heart!

This story got me thinking. Yeah, you think a joke is coming about the fact that raw cool does indeed think. Sure, there is. Because i very rarely do think. Anyway, imagine if you will Michelle starting the Half Marathon and all around her, instead of hearing things like GO, GO, GO, You can do it girlie, she hears "way to difficult, not a chance in she will finish", she won't make it....if that was ALL Michelle heard for 13.1 miles, perhaps Michelle would quit or worse, never even get to the starting line.

But, again i ask you to imagine, MIchelle starting the Half Marathon and she heard absolutely nothing. Not a sound. Not a peep. Not a bird chirping. Fucking nothing. Dead silence. In Michelle's mind she hears things though. She hears GO, GO, GO!!! And Michelle finishes the Half Marathon easily and happily and returns to the land of the hearing.

If we could weed out stuff that is totally negative and only hear the positive good stuff, what a wonderful world this would be!

The Bible tells us in Proverbs 18.21 that “the tongue has the power of life and death” and in Proverbs 12.18 that “reckless words pierce like a sword”. I wonder how many times – even in recent weeks – words of yours or mine have sliced right through someone. We’ve probably forgotten what we said or how we said it – they may never forget it. This is as far as i will go with biblical ranting. I just think that those two proverbs are important to think about. Fuck, now i'm asking you all to think!!! So sorry!

Everything and nothing is OK! It just is. I am not feeling broken or pissed off or anything really. It would just be a whole heck of a lot better if i was deaf to the words. Deaf to the hurt. Just deaf. Unless, of course i am at a really cool concert where i WANT to hear!

























I don't care what is written about me as long as it isn't true.
Katherine Hepburn
blog comments powered by Disqus