Thursday, January 22, 2009

BONES....


The Killers - Bones

I decided to make my blog public again. Only because after this post i am taking a break. In more ways than one. I fractured the big toe on my right foot. In real life it's called a phalangeal fracture and it sucks. It is a bad break because it's close to the joint, i was told. I am wrapped up like a mummy. Tape and more tape, then a soft cast and over that an ace bandage. It hurts and i hurt. This sucks.

I was told no running for 4-6 weeks or longer. This is horrible news. The worst case senario is it not healing properly and having to possibly have some sort of surgery to put a pin in my bone. Again, this sucks.

I am not trying to sound like a cry-baby but it seems that whenever i am doing great, something bad happens in my life to bring me down. I will be fine, not to worry. I just need some time to concentrate on other things.

I will continue to read all of your amazing blogs and comment. I just don't have it in me to think of things to post about. I know you all get me and understand. It's a big let down. I was so ready for the Half Marathon this coming weekend.

When i told the doctor this bit of news and by the way he is a long time friend of mine and a runner, he said "thats ok, you can run the other half". He also offered to give me free sponge baths. I didn't laugh at either of these attempts to make me laugh. Instead i gave him a dirty look. It seems as though he used every single bit of tape and bandages on my toe. Just my imagination i guess.

Oh, he also gave me this groovy black shoe to wear. It actually feels good to wear the shoe. It lessens the pain a bit. I will try to control the pain with aleve or advil. Lots of it. It's a throbbing pain. Dull but intense.

















Guess i won't be getting a pedicure anytime soon!!!! Also, i have five toes!! My pinky toe decided to hide in this photo!!! Perhaps, it will want to make an appearance someday soon!!!!

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.

Don’t be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before we can meet again and meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.

You are the weakest link - goodbye!
blog comments powered by Disqus