Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mysteries Of The Universe....Part 1

You mean there's more? YEP!!!


Andrew Bird - Oh No
In the salsify mains
of what was thoughtful and sad
all the calcified arhythmatists
were doing the math.

And it would take a calculated
blow to the head to
blind the eyes of all the harmless
sociopaths. Oh

Arm in Arm we are the harmless
sociopaths. Oh
arm in arm with all the harmless
sociopaths

Calcium mines you buried
deep in your chest. Oh the
calcium mines you buried
deep in your chest.

Love this guy!! Check him out here my space

Sunday WORD OF THE DAY:
You knew it was coming!! So, here it is!

Lurker :
One who reads a blog without ever commenting on the posts.
Dude, how come you never comment about anything I write on my site? You're such a lurker.

Lurker :
A person who is just "there." Nobody really knows why, other than they show up and don't say a word. Possible reasons for this could be:
-They don't know what to say
-They are pretending to have friends
-They are trying to scare you
-They are there just to be seen with you, as if they have some kind of relationship with you.
Person 1: Who's that?
Person 2: The lurkers. They show up everyday, just ignore them!
stalker creeper creepy loner annoying

And from Websters:
1) To lie in wait in a place of concealment especially for an evil purpose
2 To be concealed but capable of being discovered ; to lie hidden
3: to read messages on an Internet discussion forum (as a newsgroup or chat room) without contributing



When I started this blog 1 year ago, I certainly knew the lurkers would come. I just didn't think they would stay. My ADD style of writing can be tiresome to people who don't get me! People who do not agree with my world views. And that is totally and completely fucking cool with me. It's not wrong on any level.

In fact, I welcome the lurkers. I feel rather gleeful about it all. Instead of the lurkers getting bored or tired with me and my writing, they keep on coming. Fucking win!! Take me at my best!

Lurking has become all the rage. Have you heard? If your paparazzi you lurk and get paid for it!!! The sun. It lurks in the sky just....before it rises. It teases you. You stand there camera in hand, waiting. And the moment you scratch your ass, the lurking sun rises. You lose your shot.

You can get lurkers neck! Reading a blog, being on facebook for any length of time and your neck starts hurting really bad. Sharp pain and tingling is the norm here.

How about the lurk jerk?? Ever hear of this type of person? They are out thereI promise!!!
Someone who lurks people's myspaces, then wanks to their pics.










Here's the thing. Even with my fancy schmancy reading glasses, I can see. A lot! Perhaps, too much. I wonder if I should simply stop looking. Stop caring.

The one and only thing I care about here on my blog is taking care of my homies. My peeps. My readers. My friends. Everybody else, yeah you know who you are.....make yourself at home. The shit has hit the fan and i am staying the fuck away from that brown stuff. It means nothing.

Most of you know, I made this blog private for like 3 days. I worked my fucking butt off to make sure I invited all the people I actually do care about. Then I was all like, dude stop this shit. Go public. Just do it. So, I did. Go public again!!

Let's just say, I got an incredibly amazingly good laugh out of what happened next. That saying, make it public and they will come. Is that even a real saying??? Well, they came and I laughed my head off. So fucking predictable. No ESP needed. So, predictable that I started tracking. Again, I laughed my head off. Even more predictable.

So, thank you my lurkers for making me laugh my head off. Don't worry I put it right back on where it belongs. Enjoy my ADD ramblings.

So, toe related stuff. The fucking thing is broken in a ridiculously bad spot. I have become the ultimate couch potato. Let me paint you a picture:
I sit on the sofa in the corner with a fluffy pillow, my pink blankey and my Mac Book. Cell phone nearby of course. Water and snacks readily available. It's quite a scene. I am dressed in sushi PJ's. No socks. I glance down at the Toe. The wrapping is starting to get slightly lose and is moving upward. I no longer can see any of my toes. It's covered by the moving tape that is covering my upper foot. It looks as though i do not have toes at all. When i do arise from the sofa there is a very big indentation where my ass was for the past 8 hours. It really is kinda nice because when i do settle my ass back down, it fits in perfectly. I don't have to wiggle or anything. It's heaven.

I miss running though. Like crazy. There are so many races and things happening and i am not a part of it. YET!!!

Here are my plans. This coming Thursday the wrapping will be taken off and an X-ray will be taken. If there is evidence of the bone knitting back together, this is a good thing. Then i need to wait. Just wait a bit longer. Because if i run on it, and its not healed right, it could just break again.

Races:
Al Gordon Snowflake 5K February 21 - Easy peasy!
More Half Maraton April 26 - This one is a ?????.
NYRR Half-Marathon Grand Prix Presented by Continental Airlines: Brooklyn Prospect Park - May 30 - I'll be running this one!!!
The 32nd Great Cow Harbor 10K Run will be held on Saturday, September 26, 2009. This event is being organized as the biggest Cow Harbor Race yet. Join the over 5,000 participants, who will run through the village streets of Northport, New York.
No doubt about it, I will be running this one too!!!!



Tonight is a blogger meet up in NYC! I was invited but had to bow out because of my toe. I really wanted to make this meet up. I am so disappointed. I know it is going to be an amazing time with a lot of laughter and chatting and drinking and eating. FUCK!!

PHOTOS PEOPLE PLEASE!!!!!
Tonight is a good SNL!! Jason Mraz and Steve Martin. I may even stay up late to watch it. Good times folks.

Last but totally not least, there is a plagiarism week going on on a blog i just discovered. I may or may not do some plagiarizing next week. Yeah, so???? What??? Is plagiarism a bad thing???? What the fuck is plagiarism anyway??

Also, i hope you don't think this is blogger cheating. You know, posting a Sunday word of the day on Saturday evening. It is what it is. Go with it. For this week anyway!!!

What the Universe told me on Friday:
She is off on the weekends. The Universe I mean!
However long it takes, however difficult it seems, or however lonely you may become, Michelle, remember, you live in a dream world where everything can change in an instant.
Especially when you've been visualizing.

Love, love,
The Universe


blog comments powered by Disqus