Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The AfterMath.....
















During a race, it feels like nearly every muscle in your body is flexing, or stretching. Sort of like how you feel when you wake up in the morning and stretch in the sun.

You feel a wave of pleasure rippling through your body, particularly concentrated around your legs, although during particularly intense speed you may have other areas that also feel amazing.

The culmination of this is the well known crossing the finish line which results in a salty fluid being ejaculated. SWEAT PEOPLE SWEAT!!!! It is at this point that you feel totally relaxed, accepted and calm.

You feel at peace in the world, you are totally warm; almost as though you were back in the womb.

Now is the perfect time to look into your partner's eyes and light them (and you) a cigarette.

WAIT - WHAT???

Yikes. The aftermath. Of umm, you know, running. A race. It is almost anticlimactic after all the race preparations and training and talking about it and blogging about it and whining about it. DUDE - it's now over. it's been 3 days since I crossed that finish line. I wrote a full race report here running down dreams


It was pretty fucking great even though I did not meet my #1 goal. Well actually I did meet that goal. I finished. Without injury. What could be better than that?

There were other more ridiculous goals in my head but yeah, not happening. And again, totally cool. I am alive and healthy and really happy. I made connections with people I am not sure I would ever have met, if it wasn't for running. Absolutely the best people EVAH!

Ted = Awesome. Samantha = Awesome. Christie = Awesome. Sue sista = Always awesome. Me? Well, that goes without saying. I.AM.AWESOME!

The day flowed. There were some ebbs of course but for the most part it was all flowing perfectly. I even had some ice cold russian vodka to toast with post race. I was very drunk for approximately 22 minutes. I may make that my post race "thing".

THEN, I had the pleasure of having a great meal at Pure food and Wine. WOW! Raw food that does not taste like raw food at all.



























Like I said, everything flowed that day. Even the drinks and desserts. And the love.














Three friends about to embark on a journey of 13.1 miles through the streets of Brooklyn.















A girlie running in purple trying to keep going and going and going.


















Oh so very happy to have completed the journey! Although, one of us said they could have kept on running!! Hmm, wonder who that was?














It is not uncommon for running buddies to get together after the journey is completed for a russian lunch - vodka and a lot of laughter.
















My final time running Brooklyn Half Marathon:
Michelle #10522
Total finishers 9635
My overall place - 9179
Gender place 4136 out of 4451
Age place 198
Finish Time 2.40.18
Pace 12.14 min/mile

Pretty much everyone you know, Michelle, just wants you to love them.

Good thing it's free, huh?
The Universe

"Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone."




SHUT.IT.DOWN.MICHELLE
blog comments powered by Disqus