Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends...


What would you do if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
I get high with a little help from my friends,
Oh I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

If you glance upward my friends, you can see the amazing new header that my good blogger friend VIC over at What were you thinking so graciously made for me. Just because. Just because she is an awesome person who saw I needed help and helped me. Over to the right over there, if you click on the photo Queen Victoria, it will whisk you away to her hilarious blog that 100% of the time makes me laugh out loud!! ALWAYS!!!

I think its a pretty fucking amazing header and it is ME!! Here is how Vic described the header to me:
I made a header for you - hopefully it's what you had in mind! :) I didn't get any mojitos into the picture, but the green smoothie has some mint sprigs so you could pretend it's a mojito smoothie?...anyway.. The background is pavement (for all those miles you log), and I put you on the Ipod because you're so closely connected to your music.


Perfect - Thank you Vic!

On to more friend stuff. Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting a very cool blogger raw vegan. She is here on work/vacation from Scottsdale, AZ. Kristen from KristenRaw. First, I highly recommend you popping on over to her blog. Here is a bit about her:
Hi, I'm Kristen Suzanne, owner of Kristen's Raw. I'm a Raw vegan chef, author and teacher with a passion for helping people get started and succeed with the Raw vegan diet. As a former competitive bodybuilder, I have been studying nutrition, fitness, and food preparation for over ten years.













I met up with Kristen and her hubby Greg
over at Pure Juice and Takeaway in Manhattan for a juice and a chat. Immediately, I felt at ease with Kristen and Greg. Sometimes, when I meet new people I chatter away almost too much so I was worried I would do that with Kristen. I might have, but Kristen was so nice, she answered all my 3002 questions. I decided to go red with my juice and had a Pink Lady which is beets, ginger, pear and pineapple. AWESOME! Plus, I indulged in a raw treat - a mallomar! DOUBLE AWESOME!! It's described as almond pecan cookie, cream and chocolate. Almost took me back to my childhood of the Nabisco Mallomars but this was sooo much better.













Pink Lady and Mallomar.

Kristen joked in her blog about how long it took me to eat the mallomar. I actually ate it with a fork taking little pieces. Kristen said she would have finished it in two or three bites. Yeah, its that good.

Kristen gave me some really good advice and ideas on different juices and raw options. I am nowhere near raw now, but I am totally inspired by Kristen to try adding some raw back into my diet. I even made homemade almond milk today!














So, I feel as though I am on the right track nutrition wise. The proper fueling helps in so many ways. It could be the difference in whether or not you complete a marathon or fizz out and drop out. Yeah.

I am psyched. I am inspired. I am raw cool.

So, check out these two blogs. Both Kristen and Vic. They are awesome woman. And, I get by with a little help from my friends!!!


If your everyday practice is open to all your emotions, to all the people you meet, to all the situations you encounter, without closing down, trusting that you can do that - then that will take you are far as you can go. And then you'll understand all the teachings that anyone has ever taught.


Pema Chodron
blog comments powered by Disqus