Thursday, June 18, 2009

Once In A Blue Moon...


Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) is nearing the end of his contract with Lunar. He has been a faithful employee for three long years. His home has been Selene, a moon base where he has spent his days alone, mining Helium-3. The precious gas holds the key to reversing the Earth's energy crisis.

Isolated, determined, and steadfast, Sam has followed the rulebook obediently, and his time on the moon has been enlightening, but uneventful. The solitude has given him time to reflect on the mistakes of his past and to work on his raging temper. He does his job mechanically and spends most of his available time dreaming of his imminent return to Earth, to his wife, young daughter and an early retirement.

But two weeks shy of his departure from Selene, Sam starts seeing things, hearing things, and feeling strange. And, when a routine extraction goes horribly wrong, he discovers that Lunar have their own plans for replacing him and that the new recruit is eerily familiar.

Before he can return to Earth, Sam has to confront himself and the discovery that the life he has created may not be his own. It's more than his contract that is set to expire.














I have always been fascinated by the moon. Mainly, because I can go outside and "see" it with my own eyes. I don't have to use some sort of contraption to see it. That being a telescope. The moon is there in all its glory. Sometimes, I can even see it in the morning as I go for my run real early.

Full Moon
The full moon occurs when the Moon lies on the opposite side of Earth from the Sun. The moon as seen from the surface of the earth is fully illuminated by the sun at this time, presenting a "full" round disc to viewers on earth. As always, only half the total surface of the moon is illuminated.
The full moon reaches its highest elevation at midnight

A full moon is the only time when a lunar eclipse is possible; at that time the moon may move through the shadow cast by the earth. However, because of the tilt of the moon's orbit around the earth relative to the earth's orbit around the sun, the moon may pass above or below the shadow, so a lunar eclipse does not occur at every full moon.
Full moons are generally a poor time to conduct astronomical observations, since the bright reflected sunlight from the moon overwhelms the dimmer light from stars.

This year we will experience a full moon on December 31st at 19.15 in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). I plan on running in the New Year so hopefully that full moon will guide me and push me and watch over me.

Blue Moons
There are also months with two full moons. The second full moon in a month is known as a blue Moon. Because this happens fairly infrequently, it has resulted in the expression "once in a blue moon."

Interesting shit huh? Yeah, I know nothing new here but still its fascinating. To me anyway.

So this movie "Moon", yeah I want to view it. Sam Rockwell is a fav of mine but that moon thing just has me intrigued. It makes me want to gaze thoughtfully at the moon and get into a zone of zen. And stay there for a while. Not moving, just thinking and taking it all in. Then spitting it out and getting on with it.

I can't be gazing all damn day. I have shit to do.

I juiced and smoothied the other day.

Green Juice was Kale/ginger/lemon/apple/celery and it was really tasty. Should have used more ginger but its a learning game, this juicing.

Smoothie was frozen banana/almond milk/lots o cinnamon/raw cacao powder/chocolate protein powder So? I like chocolate!! Anyway, it was YUMMO!!!

More to come on that. You know the raw cool stuff. I am getting my raw on. In a big way. I am raw hear me roar!!

So, if any of you have seen this film shoot me a comment on how you loved it or hated it or whatever!!

Here is something cool:
The native American names
for the Full Moons.



January: Wolf Moon
February: Snow Moon,
Hunger Moon,
Opening Buds Moon
March: Maple Sugar Moon,
Worm Moon
April: Frog Moon,
Pink Moon,
Planter's Moon
May: Flower Moon,
Budding Moon
June: Strawberry Moon
July: Blood Moon,
Buck Moon
August: Moon of the Green Corn,
Sturgeon Moon
September: Harvest Moon (see below for explanation)
October: Hunter's Moon,
Moon of Falling Leaves
November: Beaver Moon
December: Cold Moon

Yeah we all shine on, like the moon and the stars and the sun...
John Lennon
















You've been Mooned!

SHUT.IT.DOWN.MICHELLE
blog comments powered by Disqus