Monday, April 7, 2008

Kick ass kale....

“The spring has sprung, the grass is rizz. I wonder where them birdies is?”






Kale is a leafy green vegetable that belongs to the Brassica family, a group of vegetables including cabbage, collards and Brussels sprouts that have gained recent widespread attention due to their health promoting, sulfur-containing phytonutrients. It is easy to grow and can grow in colder temperatures where a light frost will produce especially sweet kale leaves.

Kale is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C and manganese. It is also a very good source of dietary fiber, copper, calcium, vitamin B6 and potassium. thats all

I will stop the technical jargon. No more, i say!

So, if your like me, and i know your out there folks...you will have consumed at one time or another a *drumroll please* massaged kale salad! Thanks to my good friend Anthony i have mastered the technique of massage. I think i can safely say, i can massage with the best of them!

It's really quite simple in technique and love. All you need are clean hands and an open heart. Oh, and some olive oil, lemons, sea salt and a big wooden bowl! Cut, or dice up to you...then add, then (here's the best part) massage away! You know, at first i was all like you've got to be kidding me!!! Massage a salad??? I was a bit perplexed.

Being an adventurous person, i decided to give it a go! I washed my hands, but then i thought once again who cares? The massaging commenced! Ya know, it felt kinda good, in a squishy strange way. The kale seemed responsive to me. Like i was molding it, exactly the way i wanted it to taste. I'm all like your kidding me. This is truly working!
*note* you must, must be in a good mood to get the most out of your massaging! Seriously!
Also, Chop at least twice as much kale as you want, because it will reduce considerably

I massaged my heart out! 10 minutes to be exact. The kale looked glowing. Glistening too! So, what i did was put the salad into smaller bowls to store away in fridge! I had 3 smaller bowls this sucker!!

I literally couldn't wait for dinner but i did wait because it was all the more exciting! I decided to add: hemp seeds, sundried tomatoes, olives and alfalfa sprouts, oh and a beautiful avocodo! All good, all fresh, all quite delicious!

Kale kicks ass! Kale rocks! Theres' so much more i could say, but i'm all like hmm i could lose readers if i go on and on about a simple green. Not so simple though if it makes me feel so freakin good!
blog comments powered by Disqus