Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Young at Heart....

“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”



I am very excited about this. I must share. I've heard about this group a while ago and saw the trailer young at heart a few months ago. I've not forgotten it and since shared the youtube videos with friends and family.

There is something so magical to me about these folks. The average age is 82. They are having fun and loads of it. Music is really the universal language isn't it? They are rockin and so adorable doing it! I realize this movie is a documentary but come on, doesn't it put a smile on your face?

Are they raw foodists? Who cares really. They are living the remainder of their lives doing exactly what they want to do. Singing, dancing and being happy with each other. This is life.

Tonight, i came home from a dinnner out and noticed in my buildings rec room, a ping pong table. A man and woman were playing a pretty vigorous game. Another man saw me and shouted out loudly, "sorry, no kids allowed". This totally cracked me up. He came closer and still said no kids. I laughed and was all like "hey do i look like a kid to you?" He laughed once again and said "OK, sorry no you look about 25.

I'm so not 25 but it made me feel good. He then proceeded to ask me to play ping pong with him. I needed to get home, but i just may play a game or two with this nice older gentleman. It's fun no?

Now, don't get me wrong, life is not all about fun. There's time to be serious and adult like. I get off on good conversations. Interesting people and exploring my world. Pretty simple, i don't ask for much.

April 15th is fast approaching and i promised my terrific hardworking sister a dinner at Pure. She totally deserves this dinner because she is working her ass off for tax season. It's long hours and she is under intense pressure. I do not like to hear this because mostly she is a mild mannered girl. So, dinner will give her the opportunity to kick back and relax with a delicious raw meal.

The CSL New York first ever meet up is happening May 3rd. I am so psyched about this. I have been working hard with Amy to make this the best possible event. Lots of people will be attending and i am so excited to meet everybody! The great and awesome Kris Carr will be there too! How awesome is that? Hey, my therapist said she would be into coming, but unfortunately she is going to be in Europe at that time. She said maybe next time.

My running has improved greatly. I am doing a virtual 10K on the 10th of May. Should be great. I am also thinking of doing a local 5K in my neighborhood. I'm not so much into racing anymore but these events give me the motivation to run that extra mile. I am "in training". And, i have the running clothes to prove it.

So, lets go see Young at Heart and cheer these amazing folks on. They rock and i'm a little jealous that they get to learn these great songs. Now, brain is hurting. I N.E.E.D T.O. G.O. L.A.Y D.O.W.N. Tomorrow, is another day!



Two elderly widows were watching the folks go by from
their park bench. Ethel said, "You know, Mabel, I've
been reading this Sex and Marriage book and all they
talk about is mutual orgasm. Mutual orgasm here and
mutual orgasm there that's all they talk about.
Tell me, Mabel, when your husband was alive, did you
two ever have mutual orgasm?" Mable thought for a
long while. Finally she shook her head and said,
"No, I think we had State Farm."


blog comments powered by Disqus