Sunday, March 23, 2008

Saturday nights and Sunday mornings.....



Yesterday was an interesting day to say the least! I was in Manhattan to meet up with some friends over at Bonobos. Nice casual live vegan restaurant. Their slogan is Eat Well - Feel Well - Look Well...in that order! It was fun. I ordered a nutmeat nappa sandwich, really nice...

After, we did some serious strolling. You really can only stroll in the city because afterall it was Saturday and there were others strolling as well. It's really an art to stroll because it involves a lot of maneuvering and falling into place. Sort of like a maze but without the high fences all around.

So, we got to our destination which was the Union Square Greenmarket. I seem to be spending a lot of time there lately which is cool because its oh so much better than going to a bar or smokey pool hall. So, i noticed lots of white feathers floating all over the place. Anthony said "oh yeah, there is a pillow fight today"...HUH? I did some reseach and here is what i found:

A massive pillow fight in New York City! Feathers fly and teddies soar as we gather for a massive urban pillow fight! Swing and whack as you evade pillow-wielding assailants. Bring a pillow to Union Square and wait for the signal. Pillow fight!

This year's pillow fight is timed to coincide with pillow fights in cities all over the world.

The Rules

Soft pillows only! + Swing lightly, many people will be swinging at once. + Do not swing at people without pillows or with cameras. + Remove glasses beforehand! + The event is FREE and appropriate for ALL AGES. Wait until 3:00 to begin. + This event is more fun with feathers!

Costumes and funky pillows encouraged :)



The Cleanup Effort: Volunteers Needed!

This year's goal is to clean up most of the feathers left behind, and 100% of the litter. If you would like to help clean up, please bring some trash bags :) We will distribute gloves and brooms.


This is what i was most concerned with. The cleanup! Didn't look to me as if any cleanup was about to begin. We had to literally walk with our mouths covered for fear of feathers invading our throats. I certainly did not want to breathe a feather into my mouth. Nor did my friends.

So, anyway at that point we were ready to say goodbye and went down into the bowels of the train station. Low and behold, feathers everywhere. On the train tracks my friends! Now, ask yourself...how can this be cleaned up? It can't. This upsets me because i am so anal about keeping this earth clean. Don't get me wrong, i don't spend my time picking up garbage but i do my part in my own way!

I realize this pillow fight was done primarily for fun, and i don't want to seem like a kill joy, i just thought it was kinda strange.

My friend Duane posted something funny! second annual sunday source peeps diorama contest Check it out, its amusing and creative and oh did i mention funny?

Good news on the project i'm working on. Let's just say everything is falling into place and i like that. I like tidy work, where you have an idea and make it happen! I will keep you posted as the time draws closer.

Tomorrow, i take another trip into Manhattan. Lots of stuff to do, i will get an early start. I ran a 10.29 min mile today! 6 miles total. I FEEL GOOD!

Happy Easter to my peeps!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus