Friday, March 14, 2008

Tag your IT.....



Ok, it was bound to happen! I have been officially tagged by: yardsnacker which means I get to share 5 things about myself that you don't already know. I've seen this tag floating around the past few days and to be honest i never thought i'd be hit but yep i am so....here goes:

1) Well, i ran and finished the 1991 NYC Marathon ! Yes, folks and it wasn't easy! I am proud of myself for having the will-power to keep on going even though my legs were screaming at me at every STOP sign to literally stop!

In the same vein, in 1995 when i was training for the same marathon (well not the same, it was 4 years later) I was in Los Angeles for a friends wedding and on a run, i got hit by a car and fractured my left ankle! It was aweful, i was alone (sis was back at hotel). I remember falling to the ground and ripping off my sneaker and sock only to discover the inevitable swelling. I also remember actually asking the policeman on the scene if he thinks i could still run the marathon, as if, if he said yes, it would all be OK! Long story, short, i had to undergo surgery
open reduction internal fixation to place pins and screws in my ankle, spent 2 days in hospital, flew home in a cast up to my knee extremely disappointed. I have never run another marathon since, but completely healed and can run 5 miles perfectly!!!

2) I am a huge fan of foreign films! So far my favorite is The lives of others last years Academy Award winner for best foreign film! It's out on DVD, put in on your Netflix queue! Next film i need to see is The Counterfeiters.

3) I've decided to purchase a backpack (knapsack) no not a fanny pack, wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of those, but a true backpack! I'm thinking of this one: ogio atrix I kinda like the description: The atrix is to backpacks what the iPod is to music: (ok that line reeled me in) sleek, stylish, and oh-so-techical. A single entry pack with contemporary lines, this bad features an organizer panel, dual-side mesh water bottle pockets and a fleece-lined weather proof audio pocket with a headphone exit port - for your iPod naturally! Now, i don't know about you, but doesn't everybody need a headphone exit port? I know i do! But the reason i want this backpack is when i am out and about shopping for a weeks worth of produce at the greenmarket, i really do need a way to transport it all. I remember on more than one occassion shleping at least 5 bags home on the train! Not fun...Plus, i like to have a few books, magazines and possibly my portable DVD player available to me, because hey you never know when you may need to watch a film!!

4) I used to be painfully shy as a child! I mean crazy shy to the point where i felt myself blushing, it was as if the blood in my face was slowly rising from my neck up to the tip of my head in slow motion! It was quite embarassing to me. Even to this day, when i meet somebody new i may blush just a bit. I am so happy that all that is behind me. Now, i can hold my own in pretty much any conversation except (and i'm not happy about this) politics. I just never seem to know enough to add anything useful to the conversation. It bothers me, which is leading me to read up on it as much as possible!

Also, and i am proud of this...I am a Dork! Or is now a Geek? Or Nerd? To me, being a dork or geek or nerd is a from of coolness! It's being different in the face of mediocrity!

5) I cannot read or use my computer without my reading glasses! Yep, i am blind as a bat! Also, at restaurants i need my glasses to read over the menu! It's a bit of a pain in the ass for me, because true to form i am always forgetting to take my glasses when i go out! So, to remedy that, i purchased one of the cheap reading glasses you find at CVS or Walgreens. I was looking for something like this: cool black frames because, well they are cool black frames...but..i ended up with a sort of rounded metal frame that serves the purpose of reading when out and about. Not really cool but thats OK!




Well, that wraps things up for now. So I get the pleasure of passing on the "torch" to 5 other people! Here are the rules: Link to your tagger and post these rules. Share 5 facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them). Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs. So, here's my list...

Karen CLL Dork

Duane Prizefighter

Baldylocks

Buellers Kitchen

Britanie rawfaith

Monica Luckymojo

(I cheated and tagged 6 people)...
blog comments powered by Disqus