Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Just don't do something....stand there!

I knew, somehow, that I had to stay alive. Somehow. I had to keep breathing. Even though there was no reason to hope. And all my logic said that I would never see this place again. So that's what I did. I stayed alive. I kept breathing. And one day my logic was proven all wrong because the tide came in, and gave me a sail. And now, here I am. I'm back. . . . And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?


-Chuck Noland (played by Tom Hanks), Cast Away









My buttons were pushed today, to the 1000th decible! I do not do well with stressful situations. Never did. I am learning though, at least i thought i was till today!

I needed to speak with customer server/technical support over at T-Mobile! Something that i thought would be quite simple and maybe a 15 min phone call. Boy, was i wrong. The issue, it seems required various trouble shooting techniques. I had to shut off the phone, put it back on about 10 times. Then, i had to remove the battery AND sim card about 7 times, then put it back. There were also various amounts of tech support calling my number without me answering. Just to "test".

Nothing worked. I mean nothing. I slowly started feeling the agitation build up. Slowly, i might add. This is not who i want to be. I thought as i embrace a new and improved lifestyle my moods and stress level would morph into something i could easily handle. It may be happening slowly, but to slowly for me.

I'm impatient, i know this. I want things to happen yesterday or even last week. These are things i have to work on. I want to work on. So i guess everything is a learning process. You know i always think the learning process stops when you are a responsible adult making a living and living your life. Nope! In fact, it gets more interesting as you get older. I feel like a sponge, i want to soak it all in but more importantly i want to absorb it into my feeble brain.

In other news...I am very excited, this event successfully raw
is happening saturday! This will bea great raw event and the first one ever that i am attending. I do not know the exact head count but i heard somewhere near 200 people! Wow, wow and did i say wow? I am psyched.

Other things that i notice about myself, is i always feel rushed. I am not in a state of contentment yet. I do not handle time very well. I don't see time in the sense of days, or times. I feel we should try to live without these things, it is just a better flow of energy for me. Or is it? I like flow. Flowing dresses, flowing flags, flowing energy, flowing minds, even flowing food. Don't ask!

I am enjoying reading all of my friends blogs. They are all awesome each in their own way. Another way to flow i suppose.



Spent time with family. Sarah, my young cousin wrote a story about me. I told her i thought i was pretty and she said "don't be so full of yourself"....HA, she's 9 years old. She likes to be sarcastic, and i like that she likes to be sarcastic!

Sue....my sister, my friend, my confidant. She understands me in a way i don't even understand myself. Yes she does. She's patient with me and i love that!

Anyway, i'll leave you with a funny....

Message hanging on fridge:
someone from the Gyna Colleges called. They said the pabst beer is normal. I didn't even know you liked beer!

Lesson here: never let your man take a message from your "woman" doctor!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus