Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rule The World With Love....


The Shins - New Slang
And if you'd 'a took to me like
A gull takes to the wind.
Well, i'd 'a jumped from my tree
And i'd a danced like the kind of the eyesores
And the rest of our lives would 'a fared well.
The Shins is an American indie rock group comprising singer, songwriter and guitarist James Russell Mercer, keyboardist/guitarist/bassist Martin Crandall, bassist/guitarist Dave Hernandez, drummer Jesse Sandoval, and Eric Johnson of the Fruit Bats. Their sound draws on several musical genres, including pop, alternative rock, alternative country, and folk. The Shins are now based in Portland, Oregon. I love The Shins. Check them out here my space

Today, i feel free. I ran a sub 30 minute 5K! It took everything out of me to do it, but with a goal in my head, i wasn't backing down until the job was done. It's quite liberating actually. To be able to just run. Many people find running a bore. Yes, it sure can be. But, not to me.

It's freeing. Almost cathartic in its very nature. For me, it's emotionally beneficial and it needs to be done daily. Besides the socialization aspect of running, which is in and of itself is a big thing, it's so very.....gosh it's hard to articulate here.

It helps me focus on the bigger picture. Just today, as i approached the boardwalk the sun was rising. Almost as if by magic, the sky was becoming light and the sun was there to warm me. Don't worry, that is as corny as i will get with this post. I will admit, somedays i have trouble on the focusing part. There are distractions all over the place.

Cute boys running! YES!! Lots of them on the boardwalk and i cannot help but to look. There are identical twin bros that run together. It's rather endearing actually. They do not dress a like but they have the same gait and pace. Very adorable.

Yet, everything comes together at the end. Running is a sport, but to me it's so much more. The days i do not run are the days i feel sluggish. As a good friend of mine once said "running and music is my therapy". How true dude!! How true!

I don't necessarily love winter running, but you must adapt. Transition slowly into cold weather clothes. Then again, on those crisp winter mornings, with just a hint of cold wind, its as though the day was made for running. I highly recommend it.

I can go on and on about the virtues of running but i will stop here.

So, i mentioned at the start of this post that i feel free. It's sort of hard to explain but i feel as though a heavy weight has been lifted off of my body and thrown away for good. It feels amazing i might add.


















Simplicity! A pumpkin and green sneakers. Right now my green sneakers are among the 2 other pairs i own. Right now, that pumpkin is cooking in the oven, omitting quite amazing smells. That sucker was hard to cut into. Gave me a fight, but once i had her open, it was easy going. This is simply my very favorite time of the year. I've read numerous blogs on the subject of Autumn. It's special.

Yesterday, i was driving and i glanced over to my left. There stood a tree, very majestic and beautiful full of the colors of Fall. The leaves were swirling and falling from only that one tree!!! The trees to the left and right were perfectly still and the leaves stayed put. But, that big sucker of a tree in the middle gave me the most dazzling of shows possible. Nature at its best.

I am fully aware of how corny i must sound. I'm just feeling it, is all. You get a taste of something and you know its fleeting. So, you hold on for a while and enjoy the ride.

So, what do you guys do in Autumn. Now, my thoughts turn to Halloween. What is it about that Halloween that makes grown adults want to dress up and frolic and go to parades and parties?? What it is? I am a Halloween baby! Well almost.

I know what i am going to "dress" up as. Hopefully, it will all come together and i may delight you with a video.



















On a totally unrelated note, BOOTS!!!

We are disturbed not by events, but by the views which we take of them.
Epictetus'

Countdown to Halloween - 10 days

blog comments powered by Disqus