Thursday, May 21, 2009

Good Day...


Tally Hall - GOOD DAY
I'd like to say hello and welcome you good day that is my name
Come here and sit down I'm so glad you even really truly came
We can even go and take a walk or something like that or something like that
But first i need to introduce my what and introduce my when

Let us sing!

Its a name i like to call it likes to say it's nothing (it's nothing)
It lives and breathes and it insists that it insists that it is something (it's something)
It never liked to speak or run or walk or sleep or eat (oh-ee oh-ee oh)
It even thought that everybody tried to thought to take its seat
Looking through glass eyes
Giving a few tries
Nothing goes right in its time
Kill all its bad dreams
Wonder 'bout no things
Circles and spirals in mind

But we know that this song is not about a no or yes or why
What's really truly what i say is that about a little sigh
So come along i think I'm done i think we're done yes this is done
What's truly that i think about it and it thinks about a ton

I thought you knew i knew but
Why and by and why and by and by
I wanted you to know
I thought you knew but
Why and by and why

Let us sing!

Birds and bees and television
Cardboard houses, x-ray vision
Many little silly rhymes
Things forgotten lost their times
Telephones and silly games
Periods and lots of question marks

Let's SING! Let's talk American Idol. So, I didn't watch the entire season except in 5-10 second snippets as it was blaring in the background. Sure, I knew there was some guy named Adam who sang the fuck out of Mad World and made me love that song all over again. Sure, I knew about Kris because he seemed like an all-around good guy. But that was the extent of my American Idol knowledge this season. Oh and Danny Gokey. Cannot forget him. He was just plain hawt!!

















I'd take him home to mama any day wouldn't you?

So last nights American Idol season 8 finale started at 8pm ending at 10pm. I am thinking to myself, out loud of course, what the fuck are they going to do for 2 hours?? Will I even be awake at 10pm to hear them announcing the winner? So, I kinda thought I would just glance at the TV every so often and try to make it until the end.

Man, was I ever wrong. The show ROCKED. It kicked some serious ass. Kiss - Queen - Cyndi Lauper - The Black Eyed Peas - Fergie - Lionel Ritchie - Queen Latifah - Jason Mraz - Keith Urban - Carlos Santana - Steve Martin - Rod Stewart -

Over 100 million votes were cast (recording breaking). Thats cool but honestly I was not among the voters. Nor have I ever voted for anybody on all the 8 seasons of AI! There are some fanatics out there though. Kinda scary as if it's life or death for them. Fuck that, its a television show for goodness sakes.

If I got anything out of this season it is because Adam Lambert sang Mad World and I love that song so much. Could be the story of my life, sort of.

So it was an enjoyable evening of music and glee. So, I am gleeful today.

Running the past couple of days has been difficult. My speed is just not there. Just.Not.There. YET! But, it frustrates me to death. Why can't I just be satisfied to just run? Just enjoy it. I can't. That is a good topic for Liz Lemon don't you think? WWLLD?

This weekend I have a 10 miler on the schedule and then next week Brooklyn Half Marathon. Then after that REST for a bit. I have a 10K race the week after that I am thinking of bagging for now. My body is screaming at me lately to just STOP. But, I can't.

So, lets congratulate Kris Allen for winning that American Idol thing and thank goodness that we don't have to see it again until 2010. WOO!!


Michelle, you've literally been performing miracles your entire life.

Consciously, deliberately, and with calculated precision.
You get that from me,
The Universe

Most of the shadows in this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine
Emerson
(thank you Diane)

blog comments powered by Disqus