Sunday, November 16, 2008

So, Let's Get On With It....Being Bad Feels Pretty Good...


No Doubt - Running
Sometimes it's hard to keep on running
We work so much to keep it going
Don't make me want to give up

















I ran a 10K today. Solitary. 6.2 miles. You can see the stats up there. 1 hour 45 seconds. I burned 735 calories and i ran a 9.48 pace overall.

I was 46 seconds away from my goal of running a sub 1 hour 10K. Now, i know that to most 46 seconds is merely 46 seconds, but not to me. To a runner, 46 seconds is a lifetime. I will not regale you with stories about how windy it was. But, it was. Or how the sun was beating down on my cap covered face! But, it did. I won't tell you how about 3 miles in, i dropped my ipod. But, i did that too.

So, i am not sure now if i should go out on every run with a goal in mind. In races its unheard of not to have some sort of goal simmering in the back burners of your mind. You don't tell anybody for fear of having to, well regale them with the stories of why you came in 46 seconds late of your goal.

Shit, it happens. I am not upset with myself for running a 1 hour 45 sec 10K. Nope, thats not it at all. What i am upset at is the utter and complete pressure i put on myself. It takes away from the fun of the run. From feeling free and light and relishing the wind on my face! From taking away the time to, you know, look at the ocean and breath in the salty air. Or to take the time to stop and pet that cute doggie i always see.

Yeah, whatever. It's all good. Setting goals can be a good thing. Gives you focus and determination.

It's all in how you put things in perspective you know:

37 miles per gallon

Created by The Car Connection


I am a fucking hybrid. All the cool kids are driving hybrids.

And i will end with a meme! This one is rather cool.

  • My uncle once: took me swimming when he knew i couldn't swim and sort of put me under water for way longer than a 6 year old should be.  I didn't like it.  To this day, i am not a fan of swimming!
  • Never in my life: have I set out to hurt someone, including someone who's hurt me.
  • When I was five: I thought i could fly to the moon.
  • High school was: better than I thought it was at the time.
  • I will never forget:  When i lost my virginity!!  HAHA!  Got ya!  No, ok so i will never forget how i felt the first time i went running.  I hated it!!
  • Once I met: Tom Hanks on the boardwalk.  He was doing a magazine shoot.  Extremely nice man even though i stood there like a babbling idiot!
  • There’s this girl I know: who is a gorgeous special person who is trying hard to live life!
  • Once at a bar: I found a $20 bill on the floor under my table. I kept it, of course.
  • By noon, I’m usually: writing, or working for my friend.  Editing.
  • Last night: I couldn't go to sleep because i ate about 15 brussel sprouts and well, you know what happens.  
  • If I only had:  The new Mac book that came out 3 months after i bought the one i currently have!
  • Next time I go to church: it'll probably be to see some sort of concert.  I don't go to church.  
  • What worries me most:  How much longer my mom can do her thing!  She's slowing down.
  • What I miss most about the 1980s is:  The music i guess!
  • If I were a character in Shakespeare, I’d be: Puck, from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
  • A better name for me would be:  Dorkness
  • I have a hard time understanding:  Quantum physics.
  • If I ever go back to school: it won't be for grades, but simply to learn things like architecture, philosophy and astronomy.
  • You know I like you if: I hug first.
  • Take my advice, never:  Leave your house without your ipod or some form of music.
  • My ideal breakfast is: coffee, oatmeal with various toppings, and fruit.  Always fruit.
  • If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: visit the coney island boardwalk and ride the cyclone!
  • Why won’t people: just pipe down, have a beer, and relax?
  • The world could do without:  People who hate on others.
  • My favorite blonds are:  Marilyn Monroe and Barbara Eden.
  • If I do anything well, it’s: letting people be who they are.
  • And by the way: I like memes like this one.


So, last but not least. I have projects in the works. Just needed to put that out there for the universe. My next post will be entitled "What would Liz Lemon do"? It will be all about attitude. Yeah, so what? I have attitude. It's going to be a good one so stay tuned.

"If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary." ~ Jim Rohn

blog comments powered by Disqus