Saturday, November 22, 2008

That Will Not Be Me.....


The Weepies - Can't go back now
I can't really say why everybody wishes they were somewhere else
But in the end, the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself.

Walk on folks. It's the only way. You can't go back now. Not now, or ever!

So, i've been thinking. How did i get to this place in my life. I am here, but i have no idea how i got here. Does it even matter? Perhaps, just to me, it does.

Everything is evolving around me. And here i sit. I am in no way complaining. I am warm and fed and healthy. Is there anything else i should ask for or strive for? Perhaps! Just not sure what that may be.

Awww, don't fret...i am not holding a pity party. I do not like those kind of parties at all. BORING!! So, none of you will ever be invited.

So, in 40 days we will be ringing in the year 2009. Pretty freaky if you think about it. We are in the future. But, the future of what? Time is fast and fleeting. You must make the most of it.

I'm all about helping out others less fortunate then myself and thanks to this wonderful lady 100daysinbed i am focused on just that. Read her suggestions. There should be something there that you can do. Anything really. It will make you feel good and it will help someone in need. Donate your old coat, for fucks sake. It's not doing anything but hanging in your closet right? I see it there. Let it go!

I couldn't care less what you choose to do. Really i don't. I care about what i choose to do. Each of you, in your own way will do something. I know it.

Last year, i spent black friday in Target. It had to have been one of the worst experiences of my life. Worse than having surgery! Worse than, well just about everything. This year, the same friend i went with last year approached me with the question i was dreading: " Wanna go shopping on black friday?" Now, i usually have trouble saying no to people. Something i am working on, by the way. So, i looked at this friend and said "FUCK NOOOOO". And that was that.

Besides, being trampled upon and people literally up my ass, i felt it to be a day of selfishness. Who could get the cheapest camera and shitty TV? Ooooh, how about some cheap looking crappy other stuff??? Oh my, look at the sale on that gorgeous, cheap crappy thing??? Go grab it!! Fuck you and all that. Pisses me off. Let's trample each other and act like wild animals all in the name of saving a buck. Woop di doo!!! Be happy with less! Anti-consumerism folks!

Ok, so i am ranting. But, please think about this. It is a holiday. A special family/friends time. A time to celebrate togetherness and love and all that bullshit. But, its not bullshit is it? Because, when it comes down to it, and i mean really down to it, that is precisely what the holiday season is. It's festive and lights and love. Thats it.

Not, lets see who can spend the most money on gorgeous cheap crappy stuff. Not, how many parties your invited too. Not, how many cocktails you can down and then make a total and utter fool of yourself dancing like this woman:



So, yeah thats scary right? Still makes me laugh though! Ok, i digress....

I already know how i am going to start off the New Year. Wait for it......a run!! Surprise, surprise right? You start January 1st off on a positive note and all good things will follow.

My judgement was a bit off this year. Honestly it was. In too many instances, i've used, not my better judgement but some sort of weird experiment judgement i must have had left over from the 80's. So, not me and very troubling. It left me scratching my head in disbelieve. But, thats all behind me now and my better judgement is back in full force. I am me again. I am who i want to be.

So, i just want to quickly talk about this film. Its called Slumdog Millionaire. I think i can safely say with confidence, that this was one of the best films i've seen in a very long time. Drama, comedy, musical, thriller, love story, and more in one transcending, riveting story. Once Slumdog launches into its final act, you'll get that pang that comes with the last chapter of a great book you wish you weren't about to finish. This film is easily one of the best of the entire year!! Go see it.

I have a give away! I have a couple of pairs of DryMax hiking socks that i would love to give away! Anybody?? Check out drymax here. I am so impressed by this company. I've been running in their socks for about 2 months now and i will never run in anything else. They are made in the good old USA! Well made and it shows.

I've got two pairs right now to give/donate to the right person. Drymax hiking high density. They are really nice and soft too!
Just leave me a comment, why you think you may want to try these socks. Thats it. Something inspiring gets me every time.




















THAT WILL NOT BE ME!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus