Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where Are You Going?


Dave Matthews Band - Where are you going
Where are you going?
With your long face
Pulling down
Don't hide away
Like an ocean
That you can't see but you can smell
And the sound of the waves crash down

I am no Superman
I have no reasons for you
I am no hero
Oh, that's for sure
But I do know one thing
Is where you are is where I belong
I do know where you go
Is where I want to be

Where are you going?
Where do you go?

Are you looking for answers
To questions under the stars?
Well, if along the way
You are grown weary
You can rest with me until
A brighter day and you're okay

But, I do know one thing.....Is where you are is where I belong!


I've been getting these tremendous bursts of creative mind lately. It's as if my mind is way ahead of my body and they are not catching up to one another. I'm feeling this blissful bit of awareness where I am free and nothing can touch me. Or hurt me.

I laugh at the frauds of the world. The people who sit around all day saying "I need to get to the gym"....but they never go. The people who borrow things from others, only to claim it as their own. The people who talk the talk, but never ever walk the walk. Not even once. I do not like the frauds. I steer clear of them.

Am I being harsh and mean? Perhaps, but it is also downright truthful. What I am saying. What is the point of forgiving the frauds when they turn around and do it all over again. These people will not change. It is I who changed.

To get stuff done, you need to be willing to see past the life your living now and move into the life you want it to be. Not a lot of people can do that.

As this guy says:
"Life is a series of spontaneous changes. Don't resist them--that only creates sorrow." ~Lao Tzu

Resistance is futile. Create your world - create your days. Live your days. Visualize what you want your day to be like and I can assure you, your day will unfold just as you saw it in your mind.

Running has taken me to places I can not really describe in words. I enter a zone where nothing can stop me. Well, short of being in pain...otherwise I just push forward. It has not been easy. In fact, just the opposite. But that only pushes me harder. You set goals. You want to achieve those goals. I will not lie. I had an extremely hard run on Saturday.

I had wanted to run a 7 miler. I was running in a new place. The park where the Brooklyn Half Marathon starts. It's very hilly, that park. Very hilly. Running on hills is a whole other thing entirely. I never run on hills. EVAH! So, this hill thing is quite new to me. And quite difficult. No excuses though. I just didn't have it in me to run 7 miles. I pushed out 5.5 with stopping many times to gather my breathe.

I didn't visualize running 7 miles before I started and that was my mistake. If I felt it and saw it perhaps I would have been able to kick through the last 1.5 miles. Who knows.

If I am being mega serious lately - well I am just feeling it ya know?

Funny story:
I was shopping today in the grocery and took out my cell phone to call my sister. I needed to ask her a question about tofu. So, it rings - no answer. I hang up - or so I thought.

About 10 min later my cell rings and its my sister. She was all like dude I heard you talking all throughout the store. You were asking about lemons and then you were deciding how many avocados to buy. Apparently, I did not hang up properly and she heard my whole conversation. I LOL at that. I was grateful though, that I was not talking about my sister. Nah, she is a good egg and i love her. It just made me giggle.

There are a few cool things happening in Coney Island this coming summer. For one,
festival by the sea and then this Coney Island- Boom -A -Ring. Check out the fun Ringling Brothers.

This stuff excites me because this is my hood. It is where I grew up. I think this summer is going to hold so many amazing journeys and excitement. The fucking circus is coming to town! They are pitching their tent and staying a while. If any of you are in the neighborhood, ring me up!! I will come and buy you a Nathan's hotdog.

I also want to mention that I've hit my 50th follower. She is an hilarious writer and really nice person. I urge you to check out her blog here:
Life with a little one and MORE

The Universe told me today:
Ohhhh, to be alive in time and space, Michelle!

If only those now living could recall what such a prospect once meant to them before their life began. And what it still means to multitudes in the unseen now awaiting their own initiations who, try as they may, can't even imagine the simple ecstasy of breathing.
To them, you already "have it all,"
The Universe

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
John Quincy Adams
blog comments powered by Disqus