Thursday, April 16, 2009

What Does Heartbreak Mean To You?


Chris Mann - Heartless
Really great song here and Chris is a cool dude. I could have been in the video but because of how much I procrastinate, I missed the boat. Yeah, so check it out.

I'm going to have to go with betrayal. Pretty self explanatory but to me it means to lose trust in somebody ~
Many people hear the word, "betrayal", and think of infidelity, yet the experience is actually much broader. Yes, the hurt feelings can result from a love betrayal, but the same symptoms can also be triggered by an unfaithful coworker or boss; betrayal in a friendship; disloyalty from a workplace or community.

I think, perhaps I've had enough heartbreak to last for a while so here is some stuff I've been thinking about lately:
Enjoy the simple pleasures of life.
The pleasures of life do not necessarily come from the big moments.They can be found in every day life if we stop and take a moment to enjoy them. Some of the things I enjoy are:
- a warm shower after a great run
- a cup of freshly brewed morning coffee
- a delicate melody in music
- a beautiful line in a poem
- a conversation with friends
- cuddling up with a good book














Strive to be at your best.
I can’t change who I am. However, I can strive to be at my best through self-introspection and learning. I am a big advocate of self-improvement...I love learning new things and embrace new life experiences.

Be yourself.
You need to be the real you because everyone else is taken and replicas don't sell for as much. This means that if people don't like you for who you are, then they aren't the right people for you to be around. It might sound rudimentary to say "be yourself," but a lot of people try to be what others want them to be. You'll never enjoy life if you take that path.












Embrace change.
Change is the one thing you can be sure of. Every moment is new and unique, and this is what makes life so wonderful – there is always something else to experience. Why cling to the past when there is so much still ahead of us?

Get out and enjoy the day.
Get outside - walk, run, bike, do anything that involves you being outside the confines of a house, office or car Put your feet in the grass with the sky above you. Whether it be hot, cold, raining or snowing (within reason of course) - your body needs a daily dose so get to the great outdoors. Find a good place to get away.

Never go to bed angry.
Have it out. Whether it be with your spouse, your peer, your boss, whomever - be polite, but don't let it weigh you down while you sleep.

















Say thank you.
Gratitude is one of the most creative and noble forces of human nature. It makes everything - absolutely everything - better.

You can only control your own actions and responses, not anyone else's.
Don't make other people's problems your own. You won't be helping them or yourself by doing so.














Be persistent.
Emerson said it best:

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall".

I heard this somewhere:
Know thyself. You are little and clumsy and need love.

So, yeah. Great news now. I had an xray today on my broken toe. And....wait for it.....wait for it.....THERE IS ACTUAL HEALING FINALLY HAPPENING!!! It is not fully healed and may never be, but I saw it with my own eyes, there is bone filling into the break. White bone filling in. Not a lot but I saw it. Running has not interfered with the healing and apparently the bone stimulator machine I have been using for the past 41 days is working. How cool is that? Does my heart good.
















Dr.TOE was even nice enough to gift me with these fab paper slippers ~ so I am adding them to my growing shoe collection. Pretty right?

Just to give you an idea how my running is progressing:
4~16~09 5 miles 49.03 9.49 min/mile 595 calories burned
My Splits:

ACTUAL +/- AVG ACTUAL +/- AVG
1 9' 42 -0' 07 6.2 +0.1 +3 ft
2 9' 42 -0' 07 6.2 +0.1 -3 ft
3 10' 02 +0' 13 6.0 -0.1 +3 ft
4 9' 49 +0' 00 6.1 -0.0 0 ft
end 10' 00 +0' 11 6.0 -0.1 0 ft
Versus average of 9' 49 min/mile:

So, I think this is a bit of a Fhinaesque post. The photos and everything. Just the photos. I dream to be able to write like Fhina. :O)

The Universe told me today:
Oh yeah, Michelle, I forgot to tell you...

You get as many "do-overs" as you like. Of course, you never know you're living a "do-over" until it's over.

There are lots of reasons for wanting a "do-over." Most of all, people want another chance to do things they were afraid to do the first time, and to say things they were afraid to say. Oddly enough, it's not their mistakes they want to rework, but their "unused" minutes.

Yeah, pretty nifty, but you should know that it isn't any easier the next time, and because no two ever go exactly the same, the gifts, opportunities, and loves of one, never appear the same way again. Never.

So all in all, it's better to live as if there are no "do-overs," so that you won't need one. But I thought I'd share this with you anyway, to work in the bits about fear, mistakes, and how precious today's opportunities really and truly are.
Crafty as a fox,
The Universe


blog comments powered by Disqus