Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's A Mad World....


Gary Jules - Mad World
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kinda funny
I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very mad world mad world

Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday
And I feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me

And I find it kinda funny
I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very mad world ... mad world
Enlarging your world
Mad world














It's a fucking mad world, I tell you! The world is simply getting to big for me. It's spinning way out of control.















Which is why I want to go back to when life was simple. Easy peasy!!! To a time, when raw cool and sista didn't even exist. To a time when raw cool's mommy was learning how to be cool.













That look there, she is not sad. She is not yearning for anything. That look says I am fucking cool and in about 20 years I will give birth to an even cooler chick. She is pretty much rocking that head band don't you think? Life was perhaps simpler back then. I'm not sure really. But, I think my mommy was very cute. Pretty almost, even that young.

I wonder though, did people not smile back then? Were they told by the Sear's photographer to look all melancholy? I can just picture it. Wake up little raw cool, it's time for our photo session at Sears!!! WOO!! Little raw cool bounds out of her cradle and runs into the kitchen for her usual breakfast of champions. Pop tarts and a glass of vanilla soymilk while her rents were sipping their latte's and a bagel.

I am pretty sure little raw cool was allowed to pick out her own outfit, so after the tart she ran upstairs excitedly to sort through her extra large closet. I think the dress and shoes and head band really accentuates her big brown soulful eyes.

At this point, her papa was checking his email and perhaps updating his twitter before heading off to Sears. It was a bit of a drive and their white Nash Cabriolet drove along silently as papa stuck his feet through the bottom and started running to gain momentum. As Fred Flintstone did, papa ran that car and never complained. He was really called a runner before his time, I think.

Sears!!! WOO!!! What a bustling place. Videos games were being sold. I think the Wii had just come out or something but there was a demonstration of some sort going on where people were well into an aerobics class. Woman were wearing the latest sports bras and knickers and the guys, well the dude's were rocking it with their one piece undies. Some even were so risque they were wearing all black. Way ahead of their time i guess. I don't know, really.

I do know that raw cool's mommy wanted to smile for the camera but the Sear's woman photographer was using all this high tech crap and wanted it all brooding and dark. I think they did her proud. They got the brooding and dark down for sure yo!

After the photo shoot, raw cool's mommy ripped that cotton dress off and proceeded to put on her favorite jeans and crocs and a Hannah Montana tee shirt. Not sure what her papa and mama changed into but I do know that IHOP was in their future.

So, you see times that you think they are a-changing - NOT!!!

It is a mad mad world though. When people run in circles. Even when they don't. I am inclined to believe that if perhaps we all stop running just for a few seconds each day, we would all meet somewhere in the middle for a latte and some pancakes. Ya know?

The Universe told me today:
Too often, Michelle, the only difference between HAVE and HAVE NOT depends on whether or not the initial request was followed by a thank you, yee-haa, and action, rather than a question mark, timidity, and TV.
Don't ask. Give thanks. Bust a move.

Yo -
The Universe

“Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.”



blog comments powered by Disqus