Monday, February 23, 2009

Biggest Movie Event Of The Year - Or I AM Wolverine!!!!


Where as me, I'm an Australian who played an Australian in a movie called Australia "HOSTING"

The night was magical. I was going to don my prom dress from 1980, but I thought better of it, when I snuggled into my sushi pajama's and damn, I looked good. Plus, my good blogger buddy b.e.earl green man had this really cool live blogging thing going on where we were all able to chat throughout the show. It was the best Oscar night of my life.

Let me explain why. I got to meet and chat with cool blogger buddies who were actually intelligent and fun and had great opinions and jokes. Also, I learned about bacon infused bourbon and speakeasy in Manhattan. So, thanks green man. You rock!!

As far as the biggest movie event of the year, I liked it. I liked Hugh Jackman and his Broadway style hosting. I liked the gowns, all of them whether they looked like table clothes or like a queen was walking down the red carpet. I loved that Heath Ledger won for best supporting actor for his quintessential performance in The Dark Knight. He is The Joker. Period. I liked how they had former winners in each category introducing the nominees. I liked Goldie Hawns over inflated lips which we all agreed was due to way to much botox. I liked to see all of the youngsters from Slumdog Millionaire at the Oscars even if most of them couldn't speak a word of english. YET!!! I loved to see Tina Fey - Liz Lemon up there with Steve Martin and Steve telling Tina DO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH ME!!! I liked Beyonce. I liked that Jerry Lewis was greeted with a standing ovation when he took the Kodak Theatre stage to accept a special Oscar for his longtime charitable endeavors.










Do you know that Jerry Lewis is a multihyphenate?? Not a clue what that meant until I went to google. It simple really. It means a person with a hyphenated profession e.g. singer-songwriter, actor-director, but especially a person with several such roles Cool right??

I know you all know this, but what would a Oscar post be without a listing of the winners!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Winners! A Complete List From the 2009 Oscars
Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire
Actor in a Leading Role: Sean Penn, Milk
Actress in a Leading Role: Kate Winslet, The Reader
Actor in a Supporting Role: Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Actress in a Supporting Role: Penélope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Director: Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire
Original Screenplay: Dustin Lance Black, Milk
Adapted Screenplay: Simon Beaufoy, Slumdog Millionaire
Animated Feature Film: WALL-E
Foreign Language Film: Departures (Japan)
Original Score: A.R. Rahman, Slumdog Millionaire
Original Song: "Jai Ho," A.R. Rahman and Gulzar; Slumdog Millionaire
Art Direction: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Cinematography: Slumdog Millionaire
Costume Design: The Duchess
Makeup: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Film Editing: Slumdog Millionaire
Documentary Feature: Man on Wire
Documentary Short Subject: Smile Pinki
Animated Short Film: La Maison en Petits Cubes
Live Action Short Film: Spielzeugland (Toyland)
Sound Editing: The Dark Knight
Sound Mixing: Slumdog Millionaire
Visual Effects: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award: Jerry Lewis

So, there you have it folks. It was a grand evening and I had a blast!!!

Universe told me today:
There were a lot of reasons you chose to come to earth, Michelle, and I am super happy to tell you that not one of them was to master being poor, lonely, or sick. Incidentally, neither did you have any intention of living your life without a Mac Book.
Clutch!

You came to "kick butt," Michelle...
The Universe



AND:

Entry number: 343590
NYRR member number: 74790

Username: Michjoy61

Dear Michelle 

We have received your application for the ING New York City Marathon 2009.

Your entry number is 343590. Please include this number and your name in any correspondence pertaining to the marathon. To check your status, or to update/change personal information, click http://webapps.ingnycmarathon.org/marathonregistration and enter your username and password that you created within the application.

If you applied for guaranteed entry with a fast qualifying time, well get back to you in about one week. If you believe you are eligible for guaranteed entry by one of our other guaranteed entry options, please send an e-mail to marathonmailer@nyrr.org now (or by the May 1 deadline) with a short note explaining your reasons. We'll get back to you in a few days.

The lottery for U.S. applicants will be held in mid-June, and the international lottery will be held in mid-May. Results will be posted on our website as they become available. We will e-mail accepted entrants and process their fees upon acceptance.

For more information about the ING New York City Marathon, please visit http://www.ingnycmarathon.org. To book travel and hotels with the official travel agency of the ING New York City Marathon, click here

Thank you for your interest in the ING New York City Marathon 2009, and best of luck.

SO, WISH ME LUCK THAT
1) I GET IN!
2) I CAN INDEED RUN 26.2 MILES.



blog comments powered by Disqus