Monday, February 16, 2009

"Some Living Things Survive Mainly By Irritating Other Living Things."



I found god
On the corner of first and Amistad
Where the west was all but won
All alone, smoking his last cigarette
I Said where you been, he said ask anything
Where were you?
When everything was falling apart
All my days were spent by the telephone
It never rang
And all I needed was a call
That never came
To the corner of first and Amistad

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lying on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why’d you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

In the end everyone ends up alone
Losing her, the only one who’s ever known
Who I am, who I’m not, who I want to be
No way to know how long she will be next to me

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lying on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why’d you have to wait?
Where were you, where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

Early morning, City breaks
I’ve been calling for years and years and years and years
And you never left me no messages
You never send me no letters
You got some kind of nerve, taking all I want

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lying on the floor
Where were you where were you

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lying on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why’d you have to wait?
Where were you, where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

Why’d you have to wait?
To find me, to find me

















I wasn't quite sure if I should post this photo for a few reasons. Firstly, I know your all going to be loving on me and not able to resist gazing longingly at my amazing legs. That photo is 1991 rawcool about 45 minutes before the start of the 1991 NYC Marathon. Can you dig that red fanny pack and how amazing it accentuates my entire body. I cannot quite remember what, if anything, I had inside that red fanny pack. I probably thought to myself just how fucking cool I would look as I was galloping towards the finish line in Central Park wearing that red fanny pack.

Anyway, I know your also thinking just how amazing that headband looks on me. Oh yeah. Terry clothe all the way. I was wishing they had velour head bands back then, a girl could only look so good in terry clothe. I'm certain, once again that you are entranced with my long, lean legs. Your delighted, I know. Oh and my smile. I was smiling only because I had no clue of what was to come.

The fact that I'd be running for over 5 hours??? NAH!! The fact that the person I ran with, vomited as we were crossing the finish line and I had to indeed jump out of the way of said vomit. The fact that a banana and a bag of Lay's potato chips never tasted so fucking good to me. The fact that after 5 hours and 18 minutes I hated that red fanny pack with all my heart.

I know what your thinking now!!! Ahhh, rawcool is complaining. NO!!! Rawcool is so cool that any and all complaints are an attempt to talk about my stunning long lean legs.

Why is it, that my legs don't seem to look like that anymore?? I mean its only 18 years later. Am i shorter now? Have i lost height like an elderly woman with osteoporosis?? Because, while I still have those same legs, they are no where near lean or long. YIKES!!!















Exhibit B or Number 2:
I have no recollection of the year. I am guessing 1993 or so. A race on my beloved boardwalk. Notice, if you will the long, lean legs are still there. Plus, I am smiling broadly as I was running by the person snapping the photo whom I think was my sista!!!! It was a 5 miler. Don't know who won. Doesn't matter though, I looked stunning!!!

I promised Heidi over at hihorosie that I would honor this award and share with you 7 things that I love, and then I nominate 7 others for this award.













So, let's get on with it eh?
1) My mom! Yep, ok its out there. I love my mom. She makes me laugh and soothes me when I have a boo-boo.

2) My sista Susan! She is smart and sassy and successful. We like the same music and food. People think we are twins. We're not. I am two years older than she is.

3) Running! No surprise there. If after all these years, I can still say without a doubt that I love to run, well then darn it, I DO!!!

4) My Mac Book and Ipod. I lumped these two together because they are techy stuff and Apple stuff and both provide me with hours of fun and music and videos and stuff.

5) Blogging. Why you ask? Because without blogging, I would have never met any of you. So, I love and appreciate blogging because of the amazing people it has brought into my life!!!

6) Friends that know me, get me and accept me just the way I am without trying to change me. I don't like that in a person. Accept or move on. Respect or move on.

7) Music, reading and writing: Just love it all.

I tag all of you. Feel free to take the award as your own and if you will, share 7 things that you love. That is all.

My Universe told me this today:
Anything you could ever hope that I might one day do for you, Michelle, is something you can begin doing for yourself today, making the whole thing happen about 7,000 times faster.
But that's just if you're in a hurry,
The Universe


"It dosn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away." Oriah Mountain Dreamer
blog comments powered by Disqus