Saturday, February 14, 2009

What Michelle Needs...I Am A Bloggerista

What I See When I Run....













Beyonce - Single Ladies
All the single ladies, all the single ladies
All the single ladies, all the single ladies
All the single ladies, all the single ladies
All the single ladies

Now put your hands up
Up in the club, we just broke up
I'm doing my own little thing
Decided to dip and now you wanna trip
Cause another brother noticed me

I'm up on him, he up on me
Don't pay him any attention
Just cried my tears, for three good years
Ya can't be mad at me

Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Oh, oh, oh

If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it

I got gloss on my lips, a man on my hips
Got me tighter in my Dereon jeans
Acting up, drink in my cup
I can care less what you think

I need no permission, did I mention
Don't pay him any attention
Cause you had your turn and now you gonna learn
What it really feels like to miss me

Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Oh, oh, oh

If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Oh, oh, oh

Don't treat me to the things of the world
I'm not that kind of girl
Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve

Here's a man that makes me then takes me
And delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond
Pull me into your arms, say I'm the one you own
If you don't, you'll be alone
And like a ghost Ill be gone

It's that simple men, if you like it then you should have put a ring on it!!!!


Sunday WORD OF THE DAY:

Sacrosanct:
1 : most sacred or holy : inviolable
2 : treated as if holy : immune from criticism or violation



My favorite definition is right here:
Regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with: the individual's right to work has been upheld as sacrosanct.

It's all sacred and stuff. Sort of the way I feel about you all. Not in a religious way, although I can see some of you thinking that way, but Yo No!!!

Sort of I cherish the air you breathe and the floor you walk on. YEAH RIGHT!!! Ok, here is the way I feel.

As though I am always thanking and needing and asking and wanting. And believe me, I do not want a whole lot. I just want to run. To be able to get out there and feel the wind and the sun and the beauty of it all. I simply cannot explain how it feels for me to run. FREE! FLYING! BRAVE! HAPPY! I just love it so.

For all you non-runners, well your just going to have to take my word for it. Give it a try if you want. I did try my best to get my sister to run. Come on I'd say, lets just run slow. FUCK YOU!! OK!

So, i want to share some fun stuff with you. Please get comfy and read:
It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw
up.The frog throws up its stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of
it’s mouth.Then the frog uses its forearms to dig out all of the
stomach’s contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.

Ha, whatcha think of that? Can you imagine if us humans were able to do that? I can just picture our tummy's hanging out of our mouths, and seeing what we consumed that day. A hunk of meat? Some congealed cow's milk? A half cooked egg? And lets not forget the parasites and worms that may conveniently call your tummy home! It's kinda gross but the truth will set you free!

Funny stuff:
The following is a recent conversation my friend had with his daughters Sienna, age 10, and Rachel, age 8.
Friend "Rachel, if you don't sit down right now I'm going to sell you to the gypsies."
Rachel: "The gypsies? Where do the gypsies live?"
Sienna: "Duh. Egypt."
Friend: "Egypt?"
Sienna: "Well, yeah. Egypsies."

So cute huh? Out of the mouths of babes comes such gems.

I also discovered, out of the mouths of runners comes such bullshit! Well, not runners, but me to be specific. I'm like all "Hey guys, today i'm gonna run a 10K"!!! They applaud me and say cool dude! I'm nearing 3 miles and thinking "ummm, it sure feels like i ran a 10K just now"!! I carefully check my watch and see that somehow the time does not equal the distance i thought i ran. I'm confused to say the least. So, what should i do? Keep running? Stop and regroup a bit? Go home, change my outfit and start over??? Because i now think that my sports bra is not matching my kleenex tissues i took to blow the snot out of my ever running nose.

I face a dilemma. My buddies are quite amused at me by now and sort of laughing at me, not with me. This irritates me to no end. Sure, i like to be the clown in the group, but when they laugh at "MY RUNNING" i take offense. So, i decide to keep going. They applaud me once again. We fall into the familiar running pattern of me on the far right, my mentor on the far left (running on the horizontal slats) and the slower runner in the middle. We always seem to slow down for her too!

Now its 4 miles and once again, i'm thinking YES i did a 10K! Ooops, check watch, time not equal distance. Dilemma...keep going. Yep! 5 miles! YES! Suddenly, it becomes clear to me. Why the fuck a 10K today? The answer: Not a clue.

So, just like Forest Gump, i just stopped. My buddies keep going slowly turning to see i was standing still. They looked, smiled, waved and continued their run home. I, on the other hand started strutting. I once again wedged my in-ear headphones back into my ears, put volume on full blast and listened to the Beastie Boys all the while strutting home. I was not walking, strolling or even skipping. I was strutting.

So, this is what i go through daily. It's a part of who i am. I can easily tell people i just meet for the first time...Hey, i'm Michelle and I AM A RUNNER! Sometimes, i say my name second. Hey, I AM A RUNNER, and oh yeah my name is Michelle. Either way, i feel so proud to be part of such a wonderful community.

I read in a runner friends blog about sort of endorsing the products you use, and maybe getting some free stuff! I was really excited about the prospect of doing that when i realized i don't really know what to write about. I love products and new things to try when running but somehow when i looked in my running drawer, everything that was old was new again. I am loving my sort of capri running pants, i believe i have some Brooks, Nike, Adidas too. I just looked at the Adidas running pants, and i swear it doesn't look like it would fit a barbie doll. IT FITS ME! Makes me look all slender and lithe! Or as my mentor likes to say athletically slim.

Different story when i get home, desperately try to take the running pants off and notice my tummy sort of drooping over the top of the pants. This is quite unflattering to say the least. I don't care really. I am still proud of myself. Everyday, when i complete a run i am proud. I am happy.

I love running. I really do!

The longest place-name still in use is
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimau
ngahoronukupokaiwenuakitanatahu, a New Zealand hill. Wanna run up it and then down it? Let me know!

Last, but never least I want to do this:
Everything you need
Here’s how it works: Google “[your first name] needs” and share the first 10 results. That's it: it is that simple. But be honest!
You wanna do it? Consider yourself tagged.

1) Michelle needs your help
I really do!!!
2) Michelle needs constant proof of love
Hmmm interesting
3) Michelle clearly needs to shut the fuck up
Fuck yeah
4) Michelle needs 2 pee
I DO, I really DO!!!
5) Michelle needs to be more careful with her voodoo
Voodoo do youdo?
6) Michelle needs new hairstylist
Oh come on now google!!
7) michelle needs a family that will be patient, consistent, kind, loving
I have that already google
8) Michelle needs to go poop
I DO, I really DO!
9) Michelle needs is on facebook.
???????
10) Michelle needs to keep her legs closed
YIKES how boring!!!















And to keep it going, I was given some awesome awards by this lovely lady Fhina that I would like to share here please:





The reasoning behind such a lovely award is that:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbon of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.

AND;






Fhina goes on to say this:
For 'Blogging in the Face of Adversity': I offer this award up to bloggers who have faced considerable home-based and/or health issues this past week, and yet they have continued to soldier on, as if their lives depended on it - They are wonderful! And this award, yes, I know it might not fit your sidebar, unless you shorten the birds wings, thus making it forever stunted, but I just wanted you to know I thought you were magnificent, okay?!











Then this great one from the ever beautiful Heidi over at hihorosie. I must list 7 things that I love! Dearest Heidi, I will do that pronto. Next post, I promise OK??? Love ya!!!

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you." A.A. Milne


I am indeed, very sure of all of you!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus