Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let's Represent.....


The Black Fortys - Time spent Breaking Down Walls

On iTunes, every Tuesday they feature a free song of the week. Cool right? I anxiously look forward to this day because i am so into music on a daily basis that any new band or new song excites me. A lot!! So, this band called The Black Fortys - well they excite me. They are NOT featured as a free song on iTunes but they are on iTunes to download. I already downloaded the album they have. It's 7 great songs. All of them. Check them out my space and then perhaps check them out some more. Here is what i know about them:
THE BLACK FORTYS, recently won the BEST COLLEGE BAND in the US at a big festival held in Pittsburg over the summer. (Bob Dylan performed there, Knarls Barkly,among others. Anthony Keidis of Red Hot CHili Peppers presented them with their award!) They had a full pg. pic in ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE back in Oct. (Metallica on the cover), and opened for NAS at a ROLLING STONE LIVE VIP concert in NY.


So, IMHO they are going to be big!!! Let's help them along OK???















- Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?
- I don't know. That's a good question.
- That's when you know you've found somebody special.
When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.

-Pulp Fiction


Right there is the sign of a good friendship. No bullshit talk. No talk at all. Just comfortable silence while enjoying a latte together. Perhaps, laughing at the same movie or joke or NOT! I never cease to be amazed at the conversations i hear going on around me.

The weather? Yeah, we have weather. So does the world. NOT SPECIAL.
What's new? Does that mean you have to explain to the person everything that is NEW in your home? Oh, sorry it means whats new in your life??? Well, it's snowing! Ah, back to the weather. It always comes back to the weather.

Yeah, also i pooped today. Thanks! I don't need to know that. Also i don't need to know if you have your period, PMS, your farting, burping or any other bodily noises. WHY? I can clearly hear and smell your farts. No need to verify that thank you very much!!!

What i do want to hear is the comfortable silence. The silence so loud that you hear it. And like it. And smile.

Don't get me wrong. I am simply delighted to converse with people. I love it, in fact. But i crave real talking. Not the bullshit and mundane stuff. I don't know, is that wrong? I crave intimacy with a person who can make me giggle. A lot!! I like to giggle. And i like people that make me giggle.

Lately, for the last few days, I've been feeling rather low. Not depressed, just blue and down. I will blame it 100% on the fact that i cannot run. I realize i put way too much emphasis on the running. I seem to blame it on my moods. When i run, I'm happy. When i do not run, i am not happy. Simple.

So, I seek out other things to make me happy. Friendship and giggling and comfortable silences are some of what i seek. I try to be creative and keep my brain from frying. From not working. Running gives me all that though. Running gives me friendship and giggling and comfy silences. It makes me grin from ear to ear. EVERY.SINGLE.RUN!!! Ha, just received my Runner's World Magazine in the mail..coincidence??????

Being a couch potato, NOT! JUST.DOESN'T.DO.IT.FOR.ME!. I need more. I crave more.

Facebook, while fun and while it does do it for me, for a while, isn't what i crave!!! Ah, you know the things I crave are the very things I can't have!!! FOR.NOW!!!

My TOE, being broken needs healing time. I am impatient and i want it NOW!!!. I want everything now. Like a child. I don't want to wait. Please don't make me wait.


Being that it's almost Oscar time, i urge you all to view this film!!! Slumdog Millionaire!!! Just see it if you want to "feel good".

“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”
—Saint Thomas Aquinas








That, unfortunately would be me. The planner who needs a plan for the plan!!!

“You never really know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks." ~ Eskimo proverb.
WORD on this one for sure!!!

“Sex is like snow. You never know how many inches you're going to get or how long it will last." ~ Anon.
WORD UP!!!

And the Universe tells me:
Worry and time have an inverse relationship. The more you have of one, the less you have of the other. Yet curiously, Michelle, both are suspended when you live in the now.
As you were,
The Universe



So, i think that is what i shall do. Live in the now. Savior every second of every single day. And love it.

I want to give a shout out to a blog reader. I loved her post today and i'd like to share it with you. Take a look Simplicity! Just the title of her post says it all. Go look!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus