Saturday, March 21, 2009

If You Wake A Sleepwalker You Risk Getting Urinated On - Or Thanked On..


Kanye West - Good Morning
Wake up, Mr. West, Mr. West, Mr. Fresh
Mr. by-his-self-he-so-impressed
I mean, damn, did you even see the test
You got D's mother fucker, D's, Rosie Perez
And yes, barely pass any and every class
Looking at every ass
Cheated on every test
I guess this is my dissertation
Homie, this shit is basic
Welcome to graduation

Good morning
Good morning
Good morning
Good morning

Good morning
On this day we become legendary
Everything we dreamed of
I'm like a fly Malcolm X
Buy any jeans necessary
Detroit Red cleaned up
From the streets of the league
From an eighth to a key
But you graduate when you make it up outta the streets
From the moments of pain
Look how far we done came
Haters saying ya changed
Now ya doing ya thing


Good morning
Look at the valedictorian scared of the future
While I hop in the Delorean
Scared-to-face-the-world complacent career student
Some people graduate, but we still stupid
They tell you read this, eat this, don't look around
Just peep this, preach us, teach us, Jesus
Okay, look up now, they done stole your streetness
After all of that, you receive this



Sunday WORD OF THE DAY:
RECALCITRANT

1: obstinately defiant of authority or restraint
2: difficult to manage or operate b: not responsive to treatment c: resistant
marked by a stubborn unwillingness to obey figures of authority
hard to deal with or operate
AND MY FAVORITE:
Choosing not to atone for one's crimes.
The recalcitrant bastard child fleed from the authorities.

I bet you all knew I would pick recalcitrant as Sunday word of the day huh?? No surprise there!

Do you live in a bubble? And by bubble, I don't mean like John Travolta in The Boy in the plastic bubble. I caught the most recent episode of my favorite comedy 30 Rock this week and in it Liz Lemon is dating this really handsome doctor. Well, check this out:

This racket is a FART!!!

So, the bubble I am referring to is when your kinda expecting things to go "your" way "all" the time. Sorry for the air quotes there but I need to make my point. You enter a trendy restaurant expecting to be seated right away, you play tennis and suck at it, but want to be told you ROCK! You think you can order anything you want in said trendy restaurant even if it is is "NOT ON THE MENU"....air quotes big time there. You suck at cooking and put gatorade in your recipe because you THINK the cooking channel said it was cool. You suck at sex but want to be told how you ROCKED his/her world.

It is like waking a sleepwalker. Your taking a risk. The sleepwalker could beat the shit out of you OR urinate on you. It could go either way. The person living in a bubble is just like a sleepwalker. Has no clue what the fuck he/she is doing but thinks in their mind that they are all that and MORE!!

Here is what I want to do. I want to walk around with an enormous sharp object and POP all the bubble people. POP them back to reality. Make them see they are just like everybody else. Make them realize that their tennis rackets are not FARTS. They are the FARTS.

I, myself do not live in a bubble. Well, Ok I am stunning and I do ROCK at most things, but I fart if I have to. And sure I always say something like "hey if you deny it, you supply it" giggling and walking away while fanning my ass. But, I know that there are probably some things I suck at. I would really have to reach deep down to figure out what those things are, but I know there has to be "some things"

Oh, oh I know. I know I cannot crochet. It's just not in my DNA. Or RNA. Or whatever NA I have. I cannot roller skate either. Then again, who would want to roller skate? That is so 1980's. I cannot put together something from IKEA! There are always 64 extra nails and screws that I end up throwing across the room. I cannot polish my own nails. I cannot perform open heart surgery.

But, what can I do? I can be the best person I can be. I can be the best friend I can be. I can be there for my loved ones and my friends. I can run like a mother fucker. And so much more.

My bubble is me being me. I let those into my bubble whom I trust and love and care about. I have no time in my life for people who are critical and mean and uptight and negative all the time. My life is so much more than that.

So, folks don't wake the sleepwalker. Just surround yourself with people that are truly awake and living. Or else you will get urinated on. That is just a fact of life.

“Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.”
blog comments powered by Disqus