Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One Week - Jumping For Joy....


Barenaked Ladies - One Week
It's been one week since you looked at me
Cocked your head to one side and said I'm angry
Five days since you laughed at me saying
Get that together, come back and see me
Three days since the living room
I realized it's all my fault, but couldn't tell you
Yesterday you'd forgien me
But it'll still be two days till I say I'm sorry


Hold it now and watch the Hoodwink
As I make you stop, think.
You'll think you're lookin' at Aquaman
I summon fish to the dish,
Although I like the Chalet Swiss
I like the sushi'cause its ever touched a frying pan
Hot like Wasabe when I bust rhymes
Big like LeAnn Rimes
Becasue im all about value
Bert Kaempfort's got the mad hits
You try to match wits, you try to hold me
But I bust through.
Gonna make a break and take a fake,
I'd like a stinkin' achin' shake
I like vanilla, its the finest of the flavours
Gotta see the show, 'cause then you'll know
The vertigo is gonna grow
Cause its so dangerous,
you'll have to sign a waiver


How can I help if I think you're funny when you're mad
Tryin' hard not to smile though I feel bad
I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
Can't understand what I mean? Well, you soon will
I have the tendancy to wear my mind on my sleeve
I have a history of taking off my shirt


It's been one week since you looked at me
Threw your arms inthe air and said you're crazy
Five days since you tackled me,
I've still got the rug burns on both my knees
It's been three days since the afternoon
You realized its not my fault, not a moment too soon
Yesterday you'd forgiven me,
And now I sit back and wait till you say you're sorry



Vampire week is officially OVAH!










It is unheard of for Raw Cool to post 2 times in 1 day, but this simply cannot be helped. Once again, Vampire week is OVAH! I just came home from DR. TOE! I was all set to have an X-ray because, well thats what he told me last week.

NO!! NO!! NO!! He wants to wait ONE MORE WEEK to take another X-ray. BUT, BUT, BUT, he uttered the words I've been longing to hear for 10 weeks now. He said "Oh, you can run 1 mile every other day OR 1/2 mile every day. I know you runner's know when to take it easy right?". Umm, like YEAH!

Then I'm all like, but I have to tell you something Dr. TOE! I, I, I ran a bit. And then I quickly looked down to avert his horrified glance. Yet, all I heard was laughing. A big hearty laugh too. Dr Toe was all like, "and you were afraid to tell me, weren't you? Umm, like YEAH!! No hard done, he said.

Now, I am not sure if Dr TOE just likes me and wants to make me happy, or he really feels I can start running a bit because he feels there is more healing? I'd like to think its the latter!

I have a running date tomorrow morning with my running/doctor/mentor and I will appreciate it for what it is. A new beginning. A start. Slow and steady wins the race!!

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

“The energy of the mind is the essence of life.”

“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”

“If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it.”

"To know someone here or there
with whom you can feel
there is understanding
in spite of distances or
thoughts expressed
That can make life a garden."
~ Goethe


At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
-- Albert Schweitzer


Simply, Thank You!!!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus