Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Michelle's Happy Dance...



The Saga Continues:
Today, I had an appointment with an orthopedic sports doctor who is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon. His specialty training is Foot and Ankle Surgery, with a special interest in sports medicine. He is skilled in ankle and subtalar arthroscopy, ankle ligament reconstruction, Achilles tendon repair, tendon transfers, hallux valgus (bunion) corrections, and foot and ankle fractures/dislocations.

Sorry to get so boring up there. Anyway, the xray.....well there is not much difference between the one they took today, and the first one taken on January 22nd. Pretty much looks the same to me. He moved my toe up and down and touched it all over and it DID NOT HURT. He was very surprised about that. This is xray from January 22nd You can see the break on the right there into the joint!
































This is today's xray. You can see the same break there on the right. THE SAME!!!

Can I run? YES! He said as long as it doesn't hurt, go for it. Do I need surgery? No, he said. Can I run the Half Marathon on May 30th? If it doesn't hurt, then you sure can!!

Oh, he did say he wants me to continue the ultrasound machine for 6 weeks and come in for another xray.
Bottom line....it may never heal. Well it may never heal with bone filling into the break. He said scar tissue may fill in a bit but probably no bone. WHY? Just a bad break in a bad area.

I have an appointment on May 12th... So, I think this may be the last of the TOE saga for a while. I know I must be fucking boring you all to tears, but this is no April Fool's joke. It's for real. My 10 weeks of ass sitting is officially coming to an end. I can call myself a runner once again! WOO!!

It is what it is. And it's fucking happy day.














I am not sure how to word this correctly, but to each and every one of you - you have made the past 10 weeks infinitely better just by being here or there or everywhere. Knowing, I was able to vent and talk about it here AND not be judged AND be accepted AND loved AND you know, all the mushy gushy stuff, well it has made a world of difference to me. Not only are you guys THE BOMB, you also ROCK and ROLL and your just plain amazing. I thank you all from the bottom of my TOE!! Ha, you thought I was going to say heart didn't you!!! APRIL FOOL's!!! WOO!!!

The Universe told me today:
Ever notice how, when someone dreams of happiness, abundance, health, romance, or friendship, they never have to wonder if it's in their best interest?

But when someone dreams of a specific house, employer, love interest, deadline, dollar amount, or diet fad, they often end up contradicting themselves?

Keep your "end results" general, . Everything else is just a how.
To the big picture,
The Universe

"Colors are the smiles of nature."



blog comments powered by Disqus