Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Walking On Air.....















I sat in Dr. Toe's office today for 1 hour and 32 minutes. In the waiting room. Surrounded by other ailing feet people. It real TOE time that is about 47 gazillion billion hours. Dr. Toe greeted me with a smile and a cup of TOE. Ooops that would be a cup of JOE!! I asked Dr. Toe if he would please make me a grande skinny vanilla latte - he didn't find that amusing and walked away.

It was then that I set out to keep myself occupied. I whipped out my sexy reading glasses and slipped them on all sexy like. I hoped that the glasses stayed put and didn't start sliding down my nose almost to the tip. That look is not too sexy and not what I was going for. I then looked through my backpack searching for reading material. I had my beloved April issue of Runner's World magazine and decided that I should probably read it so I don't forget, you know, how to run!!!

Some of my thoughts while waiting:
1) Oh no, my glasses are sliding down my face and that man over there is staring at me!
2) Oooh there's Dr. Toe, maybe he will make the latte for me afterall.
3) Nope he didn't
4) I feel the need to pee! Should I just go OR ask if I can use the restroom. Why is it called a restroom anyway? I really didn't intend to do any resting in there. Just squat, pee, wipe, wash and EXIT RIGHT!!!
5) I asked, she said 3rd door on the right......ummm 1 - 2 - 3 I FOUND IT!!!
6) Ok so i just read an article on how to lose 5 lbs a month. Hmm, I thought i was doing all that. Why does it seem I am gaining 5 lbs a month????
7) Lady next to me in wheelchair is staring at me. Ummm, do I have snot on my face or what??
8) Wow, look at that orthopedic shoe!! It's PINK!! Why was I given a black shoe? Pink is so cool!!! Ok, well not really but still it's hot pink!!
9) OH MY GOD - I AM SO BORED - I finished my magazine a year ago, when am I going to be called in!!!!
10) Michelle??? MICHELLE??? MICHELLE??? Yikes Dr. TOE is calling me just when I found a great song on my iPod!! Should I ignore him??? DUDE, can't you see I am listening to my iPOD? OK, I just need to pack up my backpack, I've only been here like FOREVER!!!!!!!

So, I decided to come clean and tell him I ran 3 days ago. For 2 miles. He didn't even yell at me like I thought he would. He just kinda smirked and said "yeah, you runners you"......So, lets see what the damage is. He did some sort of range of motion crap and said, NO DAMAGE DONE. Yippee. Then he did some sort of high tech ultrasound treatment on me. When the probe hit the break, I won't lie, it hurt. He said my bones were vibrating. WORD!! Then he said that I can.....wait for it.....wait for it.....wait for it....i forgot. He said I can walk!!! WTF?? I can fucking walk. Do you realize what that means? I don't. No, I do.

It means, I can move!!! Freely! Like the wind....2-3 miles. I am beyond happy. Tomorrow morning I am so out there. Garmin is being charged as I type this. iPod is being charged as I type this. I know, its only walking but still...

He knows I want to run a half mary on May 30th. He knows this and seems to think that it may very well be possible. Of course, I have to be a good girlie and umm listen to Dr. Toe's orders. I will try. My best. Not to run until the gate is lifted and I am out of the what do you call it?? A gated community of non-runners??

This is huge! It means, perhaps, maybe, soon, very soon, I can run again? He is trying hard to avoid having to cut me open. HUGE I say!!! He is my new hero!!!

OH, also my runner/doctor bestest friend has offered me the use of her life cycle and elliptical machine at her home. I am all over that like sweat on a runner in 90 degree weather!! WOOHOO!!

Also, I think we should all wish Barbie Doll a very happy 50th birthday.























The original 1959 and the makeover 2009


Barbie Millicent Roberts debuted as a teenage fashion model at the New York Toy Fair on March 9, 1959.

She had a ponytail, hit the market at $3 and sold 300,000 units her first year.

Fifty years later, Barbie is the most popular doll in the world. And while she hasn't aged a bit, she sure has matured.

Once a high-school student from the fictional town of Willows, Wis., she's gone on to have 108 careers - including veterinarian, flight attendant, astronaut, surgeon and rapper.

An African-American presidential-candidate Barbie was released in 2004.
She has always been 11½ inches tall - equivalent to 5-foot-9 - and her svelte proportions out-waif even Kate Moss with a 5-inch bust, 3 inch waist and 53/16-inch hips.

She's managed to maintain her high-school weight - a feather-light 7.25 ounces.

The doll's trim dimensions have come under fire from activists as being flagrantly unrealistic, yet the critique hasn't affected her popularity one iota. Think of her as the girl in high school everyone loved to hate.

Her epic, on-and-off relationship with Ken is the stuff of tabloid legend.

Their affair began in 1961, when Barbie was already an established celeb and Ken's star was just on the rise. The couple split 43 years later, on Valentine's Day 2004.

I remember many days playing with my barbie dolls. I think I once made my bathroom sink into a swimming pool and barbie had a fun filled day of swimming and sunning. Ken was there too. He is HOT!!! The light bulb was the sun, by the way!!! I also took barbie camping. A shoebox was her tent and I think I let Ken spend the night with her, TWICE!!! I even gave my barbie a haircut, wondering why her hair never grew back.

Fun times.

WORD!!!

The Universe told me today:
Something that might add some sugar and spice to your daily comings and goings, Michelle, would be to constantly remind yourself, "I created this, because I wanted to."
Prepare to be empowered,
The Universe


This quote I've had taped to my mirror for the longest time. I'd like to share it with you:

Successful people are Dreamers
Who have found a dream too exciting,
too important to remain in the realm of fantasy
and who, day by day
hour by hour, toiled in
the service of their
dreams until they can
touch it with their hands
and see it with
their eyes!!!


WORD!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus