Friday, March 20, 2009

Now I’ll play, and you sing- The perfect way for the evening to begin. I won’t sit down, and I won’t shut up, and most of all I won’t “grow up”.


Frank Turner - Photosynthesis
Well I guess I should confess that I am starting to get old. All the latest music fads all passed me by and left me cold. All the kids are talking slang I won’t pretend to understand. All my friends are getting married. Mortgages and pension plans. And it’s obvious my angry adolescent days are done. And I’m happy and I’m settled in the person I’ve become. But that doesn’t mean I’m settled up and sitting out the game- Time may change a lot. But some things they stay the same.

And I won't sit down
And I won't shut up
And most of all I will not grow up
And I won't sit down
And I won't shut up
And most of all I yeah I won't grow up


Maturity’s a wrapped-up package deal or so it seems. Ditching teenage fantasy means ditching all your dreams. All your friends and peers and family solemnly tell you you will have to grow up. Be and adult. Be bored and unfulfilled. But no one’s yet explained to me exactly what’s so great about slaving 50 years away on something that you hate. About meekly shuffling down the path of mediocrity. Well if that’s your road then take it but it’s not the road for me.

And if all you ever do with your life is photosynthesize, then you’ll deserve every hour of your sleepless nights that you waste wondering when you’re going to die.

Now I’ll play, and you sing- The perfect way for the evening to begin. I won’t sit down, and I won’t shut up, and most of all I won’t “grow up”.

Raw cool has found it. Found her "song". If this song doesn't say it, then for fuck's sake what does?? And I know you all feel the same way. RIGHT??? Come on.

I see you all slowly shaking your heads in agreement saying "shit, why didn't I think to write a song for Raw cool to live by?? WHY OH WHY? Ok, please stop slamming your head on your computer desk!!

Yes, I am an adult. Yes, I know this. My body tells me every single day.

You know, I was really pissed off this morning. Wanna know why? Well, I was all excited about the fact that today in the Northern Hemisphere spring officially began at 7:44 a.m. —the vernal equinox, or spring equinox.

But don't be fooled by the old rumor that on the vernal equinox the length of day is exactly equal to the length of night.
"Exactly when it happens depends on where you are located on the surface of the Earth,

By the time the center of the sun passes over the Equator—the official definition of equinox—the day will be slightly longer than the night everywhere on Earth. The difference is a matter of geometry, atmosphere, and language.

So, already I see the day may not go according to plan. I now needed to learn geometry, I needed to know about earth's atmosphere and somehow I needed to know some sort of language. NOT GOOD!!!

Also, and this is the most important part of my day, I wanted to stand my eggs on end at exactly 7.44 am. I was ready. I had a dozen fresh eggs. I had heard it’s easier to stand an egg if you shake it a little first to help the yolk settle. So I started shaking and my thumb went right though the shell and the yolk flew onto the kitchen wall. Then when I was cleaning the wall, I glanced at the clock and it said 7.45 am. I fucking missed it. My window of opportunity was gone for another year.

So, with these two strikes against me I thought perhaps I would go for a nice RUN oops WALK. I skipped across the living room to take a peek outside and it was fucking SNOWING.....I shit you not!!!

So, now what?? I started massaging my ass on the sofa and found the song by Frank Turner. I spent the rest of the day watching the video and singing the song.

It doesn't get much better than that, does it folks!!! I am flexible and open to change in every aspect of my life!! Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"”

The Universe told me today:
Excuse me, Michelle, but I don't think I noticed, "do a little dance," on your "to-do list."

You do plan to dance today, don't you?
Get down,
The Universe


I want to truly thank you all for your kind comments and support!!! It means so much to me!!!  You are all ROCK STARS!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus