Sunday, March 1, 2009

Peanut Butter & Jelly Time.....


Reese"s Peanut Butter Cup Commercial 1970's.

















3/1 is Nat'l Peanut Butter Lovers Day.
National Peanut Butter Lovers' Day

When : Always March 1st

Today is a sticky day. National Peanut Butter Lover's Day salutes America's favorite sandwich spread. What kid didn't grow up loving a PB&J sandwich? It's a staple in my house.

Smooth Peanut Butter is by far the most popular. Crunchy peanut butter is also on the market, and is enjoyed by many. Peanut Butter is not limited to a Peanut Butter and Jelly (PB&J) sandwich. It's popular on crackers, celery and other "peanut butter" holders. It is also used in recipes for cookies and snacks. And, don't forget peanut butter candies, too!

Did you Know? Peanut Butter is 90% or more peanuts. While it has no artificial preservatives, an opened jar is stored on a shelf at room temperature.

Celebrate today with a little (or a lot) of Peanut Butter. If you can, make your own Peanut Butter.

Noe: If you don't get enough peanut butter today, April 2nd is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. and September 13th is National Peanut Day.

So, that being said here is the

Sunday WORD OF THE DAY:

Sticky:

A person who is essentially, the most awesome person in the entire universe
"DUDE you are the stickiest person ive ever met"

1. Having the property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive.
2. Covered with an adhesive agent.
3. Warm and humid; muggy: a sticky day.
4. Informal Painful or difficult: a sticky situation.
5. Economics Tending to remain the same despite changes in the economy. Used of prices or wages



Personally, I enjoy eating something sticky and peanut butter does it for me!! It does things to my body that nothing or no one else can achieve. Makes me tingle with delight and leaves me shuddering and wanting more. I add peanut butter to mostly everything I eat. Ok, well not eggs or fish but oatmeal. Oh my goodness.

Picture if you will a hot steaming bowl of oatmeal. Now imagine a spoon full of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter being swirled into the oats and THEN melting and tasting oh so fine. It is an amazing feeling on the tongue. Sweet, sticky and delicious.

Apples and pears co-mingle well with peanut butter. There are a variety of ways to accomplish this. I like to slice the desired fruit into bite size pieces and then DIP into the peanut butter. This gives the eater control over the amount of peanut butter per slice. Makes sense right?

Then you have the ever deserving banana. I can talk paragraphs about how perfect the banana is, but today is all about peanut butter so, here is what I suggest. Ripe banana, peeled of course and then sliced lengthwise as if to make a sandwich. Take an enormous amount of peanut butter on your knife or spoon and slather it onto one side of the sliced banana. Really cover the banana. Make it your own. THEN, and only if you like it, shake some cinnamon over the peanut butter. THEN, cover with the other half of the banana and eat that sucker. It is quite amazing and leaves you feeling all cozy and happy.


Whether Bert and Ernie invented the peanut butter sandwich remains to be seen, but they sure made my day. They even had the pleasure of having sticky mouth.

If you are ever in NYC I suggest stopping by this place peanut butter & company. It's adorable and they make the best sandwiches. HEY, I would even treat you to a jar of peanut butter and a glass of milk.

So, since today is March 1st AND it is National Peanut Butter Lover's Day, I would love to send a jar of White Chocolate Wonderful to one of my wonderful readers. Any takers? Here is what I ask of you.

Leave me a comment explaining why why why you love peanut butter and why why why you think you deserve a jar of it. I will read all of your comments and decide who gets the jar. I just want to share the goodness of peanut butter with somebody. It will make me sticky all over. Sticky and happy and gleeful. So, please comment and that jar up there is yours!!! Well, not that exact one because that one is already finished.


Liverbirds Peaunut butter 1965
Well, there's a food goin' round that's a sticky, sticky goo
(Peanut, Peanut Butter)
Oh well, it tastes so good, but it's so hard to chew
(Peanut, Peanut Butter)
All my friends tell me that they dig it the most
(Peanut, Peanut Butter)
Early in the morning when they spread it on toast
(Peanut, Peanut Butter)
I like peanut butter, creamy peanut butter,
chunky peanut butter, too.













FRIENDS MAY COME AND GO, BUT PEANUT BUTTER IS FOREVER!!!!!


Fun Fact:
People who become hysterical when peanut butter sticks to the roof of their mouth have 'arachibutyrophobia'.


blog comments powered by Disqus