Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Tao of Therapy....Liz style!!!



Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm!!!
Here is a little exerpt from my wonderful therapist Liz:

“In the 20 years that I've practiced psychotherapy I've come to appreciate the uniqueness and complexities that make us who we are. When problems arise and it is decided to enter therapy, it becomes something of a "Magical Mystery Tour" into our inner world, hopefully to learn more about ourselves.
I welcome the opportunity to collaborate on the ride and help to navigate the bumps-and-twists that will be revealed. I believe understanding yourself and appreciating who you are is the greatest gift you can give to yourself. I consider it to be an honor to be a part of it!”

I like her style! Well let me start from the beginning. I know Liz for a very long time! I would have to guess 10 years or so. She helped me through some rather hard times in my life. She wouldn't let me cancel appointments as i so often tried to do. So, many times i dragged myself to see her, thinking to myself what a waste of time for me. I thought that many times, not because Liz didn't try hard, but because i didn't try hard. She encouraged me, taught me deep breathing, recommended a doctor for my medication management and was there for me whenever i needed her. Ok, fast forward a few years....we kind of lost contact and i always thought about her in the back of my busy mind. I started writing her letters and poems, just my way of keeping in touch! She always responded no matter how bad my writing was. Being that i use my computer a great deal i thought about online therapy...i broached the subject with her and she was agreeable to it. So, there lies our 2nd coming so to speak...Somehow i felt intimidated to see her in person and so i believe we did 2 years of "online therapy"...after a while it just wasn't working and i quit. Fired her flat out and told her she sucks as a therapist. I hurt her feelings and for that i am truly sorry. Monday January 7, 2008....this date is significant because this was the first time in a very long time that we were finally face to face! Did she think i was fat??? Ugly??? Boring??? I do not really know. It's ok though because even if she did she would never say so. So, I like her style! I have a deep affection for Liz and i appreciate her very much! She is cool, funny, knowledgeable, and very soothing to talk to. I am so very glad i made the decision to see her one on one in person. So, to Liz thanks! It doesn't get any better than that!

Life is a celebration of awakenings, of new beginnings, and wonderful surprises that enlighten the soul.

I feel happy today! I just do!
I like her style.
blog comments powered by Disqus