Monday, February 18, 2008

Blood oranges and green juice!!!!







“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single minute before starting to improve the world.” ~Anne Frank

Yesterday, i purchased a lot of green produce for juicing. I decided to try chicory, mint, kale, spinach, romaine, cilantro, cukes and celery.

Then, as i was wandering the store the beautiful colors of the fruits pulled me in. I think i can stand there and admire the loveliness of all the fruit and how its arranged to maximize the colors and textures.

I bought some blood oranges, pears, apples, grapes, cherries, bananas, and blueberries! I almost bought some cactus pears but then i remembered that i didn't care for them. Not sure why though.

I also bought some honey, brazil nuts, figs and agave...i've come across some nice recipes for nut milk using brazil or macadameian nuts. Figs have quickly become one of my favorite snacks. Easy to grab and eat on the go.

But, the blood orange really caught my eye! Just the name alone inspires your brain to picture the color. So, i slowly sliced it down the middle. It was exactly as i expected. Beautiful, shall i say bloody and so very sweet! I believe it took me about 8 seconds to consume it. Very nice.

Today, i decided to juice. I used all of the greens plus a pear and lemon. Others might say yuck or ugh! I say bring it on! It's quite delicious and so energizing. It feels so fresh as i taste it and let my tongue swish it all around my mouth. I just feel healthy and light. Juice feast here i come.

I realize that what i am writing here is something that many raw foodies have already experienced in their journeys. For me, maybe its all a bit new and so i need to shout it out to the world.

Of course, there is no right or wrong way to do this is there? I tend to listen to what my body is telling me. Today, i needed greens and plenty of it. Also, i am now thinking i may decrease the length of my juice feast to about 14-21 days. I shall see.

It's all relative isn't it. For me, a 21 day juice feast is just like someone else doing it for 92 days! I am not approaching it as if it was a test, but more like an adventure into new territory! Cleansing and detoxing and giving my body a deserved rest!

I will juice blood oranges and greens!! Color and texture and taste! YES!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus