Thursday, February 7, 2008

The magic of orange!

"Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels."






Grapefruits, Oranges, and other citrus fruits look just like the mammary glands of the female and actually assist the health of the breasts and the movement of lymph in and out of the breasts.

You can read more at:

teleological nutritional targeting

Also here is a post from bueller's Kitchen

Earlier I posted at length about lemons and how they keep me from getting sick. I wanted to take a moment to write down the short version because sometimes I even forget what’s what. So here is my “Aid” routine for when I’m “coming down with something”:

At the first sign of a scratchy throat, swollen glands or just exhausted I make Orange-aid,

Orange-aid Recipe


1 1/2 quarts orange juice

2 lemons - squeeze them in the orange juice


Drink this down within a 1/2 an hour.

The large size at a Jamba Juice will do and they will squeeze lemons in it if you ask them. I drink this down within a 1/2 hour. To do this within a half an hour is very important as is the quantity. This also works with any citrus juice, not just orange juice, but I add the lemons to whatever I choose.

Ideally I try to do this and go to sleep but if that’s not possible I at least try to take it down a notch.

It works folks! I was coming down with a cold and cough so i decided to try the orange-aid that bueller talked about in his wonderful blog. I figured what can i lose...if anything its tasty and sweet and quite yummy. So, i juiced some oranges and also bought a 36oz container of tropicana. I also juiced the lemons so i was able to get more juice out of them!! IT WORKED!!! My cold was virtually non existent and the cough lasted no more than a day or two.

I've been eating these lately thanks to Uncle:

Honeybell Orange

Honeybell oranges are the sweetest, juiciest oranges I've ever tasted! For those of you who have not been fortunate enough to experience a Honeybell Orange, here's a little info about them: Available only for a few weeks in January every year, Honeybells are a hybrid of Dancy Tangerines and Duncan Grapefruits. One Honeybell grower describes the flavor as a combination of orange, grapefruit, peach and strawberry, with a hint of honey. They're usually shipped with complementary bibs -- they're that juicy.

This is no exageration...they are sweet, very juicy and big enough to share. I'm really enjoying them and feel sad that the season is slowly coming to an end.

So, you see there are tons of ways to utilize oranges in your diet. I like juicing them and drinking the juice right away! A great way to wake up in the morning when you crave something a bit sweet! So, go for it...let the magic of orange work its magic on you.
blog comments powered by Disqus