Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I am shocked. Shocked and appalled!!!

Starbucks says they are going to start putting religious quotes on cups. The very first one will say, 'Jesus! This cup is expensive!'
Conan O'Brien





I meant to post this much earlier in the day, but you know how that goes. Today, at 5.30PM Starbucks is closing its doors for three long caffeine-deprived hours at more than 7000 of its US locations, in a massive plan to "retrain" its barristers in the art of brewing its famous cup of joe. Starbucks described this lapse in service as "espresso excellence training.

Now, i don't know about you guys but aren't there many other places to purchase coffee in the big cities? In fact, i read that to compete, rival Dunkin' Donuts will drop its price for a small coffee down to $0.99 from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. as "to ensure that no coffee lover is denied a delicious espresso-based beverage." Oh my!!!

Maybe, its me but i'm just not feeling this. Are people so very addicted to their caffeine that Dunkin' Donuts had to do this? I mean don't get me wrong, a $0.99 cut of coffee is quite enticing especially when coupled with a warm jelly donut. What i don't understand is some of the thoughts of some young people in NYC...Here is a quote..."A lot of people come here (starbucks) to make out, read, sleep (huh). I can't imagine how lost people will be". Here's another "What am i supposed to do, make it myself? (yikes). Mind you this is coming from an 18 year old and a 22 year old. Now an older wiser 27 year old said this "the closures are cool beans (who says cool beans anymore?) "if its going to be an improvement, i look forward to the change".

I used to be a Starbucks fan, big time! Everybody always asked me...why? I said because it tastes good and i like the music they play! Mind you, i never made out, read or slept in Starbucks. This whole thing just rings funny to me. Whatever can they do to retrain the barristers to be more espresso trained? Beats me!!!! It's 5.34PM, Starbucks has been closed for 4 min! Oh my!
blog comments powered by Disqus